“Don't eat breakfast”

Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Huntingdon
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Nice, modern Holiday inn just off the A14 and close to the A1 in a quiet location with secure parking. Rooms are excellent by Holiday Inn standard but hotel let down by everything else. Breakfast is a rip-off so avoid - continental breakfast is basically toast and a selection of 3 meats plus a few pastries for a tenner. Even worse, slack on topping up dishes. My tip is take your car to the nearby Co-Op in Brampton and stock-up.

They only offer slow WiFi internet in rooms (otherwise, pay £5 per day). Seemed to have some sort of filtering active which sent Yahoo! wonky so you might be in trouble.

No PC check-in lane, no newspaper to your door, no choice of welcome drink or points, Plats not upgraded, no water in room, no sleep system or turndown, no in-room pay movies etc.etc.

To summarise, good for a stoppover but not your regular HI 'service' experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank uk_hotel_expert
MTurner2013, General Manager at Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am disappointed that our service did not meet your expectations. I would like to assure you that we appreciate the loyalty of all our IHG Reward club members. It would seem on the night you stayed with us we did not have an Executive room to upgrade you too, however when these rooms are available we are more than happy to do so for our Platinum Members.

Our WIFI is free and throughout the hotel with no filtering active, I am sorry we were unable to resolve the issues you experienced whilst you were with us. Our continental breakfast includes tea or coffee, a selection of fruit juices, as well as toast, pasties, cereals, yogurts, fruit salad, fresh fruit, cold meats, cheese and a selection of jams marmalades and spreads, for £9.95. I will ensure that your comments are brought to the attention of our Head Chef to ensure all items are available continually throughout all breakfast service times.

Thank you once again for your comments, I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again should your travel plans bring you back to the area, as we would welcome the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times on business and always praise the rooms and facilities

Unfortunately on this occasion, the hotel had a coach of german guests when i ordered dinner. Whilst the meal was fine, the service was not. Having finished my main course, after waiting more than 30 minutes for my plate etc to be taken away and asked if i would like dessert or coffee, i gave up and went to sign the bill, even then i was not asked if i would like anything further or if all was ok.

This service seemed to be that they were more concerned with the coach party!

Whilst i appreciate you have a large group to serve, please do not let other regular guests suffer as a result

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent stay with us. My apologies that our service fell short of the standard you have received during past stays. I appreciate your constructive criticism, which I have shared with my team to ensure we take steps to ensure we manage service more effectively when large parties are in house.

I do hope that you will continue to stay with us, we would welcome the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Just had a very pleasant stay at this hotel, situated on the racecourse at Huntingdon. This is really handy for the A1 and A14, and we chose it as we were attending a family wedding in the town. Although not in the town centre, it was only a £7 taxi fare away, and we felt, well worth it, as the hotel was so nice. Lovely light, spacious and clean rooms. The staff were pleasant and helpful. We liked the open plan foyer, lounge and dining room areas, and although the breakfast prices are a bit steep, the bacon baps were delicious! We booked in advance and got a very good room rate, so even with the breakfast we felt it was good value for money. We will definitely stay there again on our next visit to Huntingdon.

Room Tip: Very handy for the A1 and A14 but nice and quiet location.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I was pleased to read that you found our location suitable for your needs, also that the team were helpful during your stay. I would like to make you aware that we do offer advance purchase rates that include breakfast as well as room only, the inclusive rates offer a discount on our breakfast price should you wish to book breakfast in advance.

I do hope you will choose to stay will us again should your travel plans being you back to the area.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Very polite staff, great service, food was good. Breakfast was a bit pricey. Rooms are nice and well kept. It's just outside the town of huntingdon so you will still need to drive to get to many places.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Nick C

Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us, I was pleased to read that your stay was an enjoyable one, also that the team provided great service. I do hope you will choose to stay with us again should your travel plans bring you back to the area.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

A pleasant one night stay, rooms are quiet and comfortable. One of the nicest budget/mid hotels I have stayed in.

The only thing that I could fault was that the TV's had been put in boxes mounted on the wall, this made the TV's sound very muffled.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
MTurner2013, General Manager at Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, I am pleased that overall your stay was a pleasant one, my apologies for any inconvenience with regard to the TV sound in your room. I do hope that if your travel plans bring you and your family back to the area you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

I have never written a review on trip advisor before but felt compelled to do so after staying at this hotel. It's modern, clean and quiet and the rooms are spacious and airy. But, above all, the staff are wonderful which, I think, makes all the difference. Particular mention has to go to Maggie who managed to direct my friend to the hotel (by phone but with hand gestures!!) from many miles away after she got spectacularly lost in the dark. Overall, very impressed and would definitely stay again-keep up the good work!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, also that Maggie was able to assist your friend. We want to continually provide a high standard of service with a warm welcome to all our guests. It’s great to receive positive feedback such as yours, thank you for taking the time I will ensure Maggie is aware. I hope you will choose to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

This is a very well equipped and high quality holiday inn. It is modern, clean, well equipped, spacious. The rooms are great, public areas great.

Service was friendly and good.

The only downside is its location - if you're travelling on the A14 or M11 its good. If you've got a conference or want the racecourse its great. But its a bit out of the way for anything else.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
MTurner2013, General Manager at Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of your stay with us, and for your positive comments regarding both the hotel and our team.

Our hotel is located just far enough away from major road networks that traffic cannot be heard, yet we are still minuets from the A1 and the A14 with easy access to local attractions.

I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again should your travel plans bring you back to the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntingdon
Huntingdon Marriott Hotel
The Waterfront Hotel, Spa & Golf
Holiday Inn Cambridge
Holiday Inn Cambridge
#11 of 36 in Cambridge

Been to Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse? Share your experiences!