“Good Hotel and Friendly Staff”

Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Huntingdon
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I stayed for 5 nights while on business in Cambridge and thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. The hotel was clean and bright, the staff were very helpful and friendly. Being Vegetarian I was disappointed to see the lack of choice on the menu - basically one veggie meal - but when I mentioned this to the staff who reported to the Chef, I was assured of a different meal each night. I would like to thank the Chef(s) very much for the excellent food and for making my stay really enjoyable.

2  Thank Sareda35
MTurner2013, General Manager at Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Huntingdon. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that my team were welcoming. Also that we were able to make fresh vegetarian meals for you during your stay and I will be happy to pass on your comments to our chefs.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Really nice new hotel right at the race course and perfect when the racing isn't on. Staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful. Kitchen is cooking things freshly. Rooms are very comfortable. Will be staying again in future and can recommend it for one night or a week if you need to be near huntingdon. Prices are also very reasonable for the quality.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank IanMatthews
MTurner2013, General Manager at Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay at our hotel and for your positive feedback regarding our facilities and the hotel team. All feedback in valuable to us, and the staff are always pleased to read that they have meet our guest’s expectations.

We hope you welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

OK, so it's newly built, but you can see that there has been a lot of thought put into the hotel and everything about it is very sparkly and fresh. The rooms are of a high standard and have some nice features and good fixtures and fittings. Very quiet too, so a good night's sleep is pretty much a certainty.

The shower was good, the bed comfortable and the communal areas nice and clean. We did not opt to eat at the hotel, so cannot comment on the food, but it's rare that I ever eat in the hotel anyway.

Overall, I couldn't knock it. I was on a corporate rate, so the price wasn't too bad, although breakfast wasn't included. I would stay again, but only when I can't get into the one in Peterborough.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BrickVader

Dear Guest

Thank you for writing a review on your stay at the Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse, and for your positive comments regarding our facilities and bedrooms.

I do hope that on your next visit to the area you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 1 night (A Sat) as it was half way between our locations. From the first thing a nice big car park. Reception very friendly and polite although there was a couple of staff behind the reception desk making idol chit chat. We had a room on the 1st floor over looking the back of the hotel. Not too impressed with the view, a JCB!. Room was lovely and clean but only 2 tea bags and 4 milks, thankfully I had brought some t bags and milk. Had evening meal in restaurant, very empty only 1 other couple so no atmosphere. Staff are clearly new and I thought the young man who brought over our glasses of wine was going to drop them, There seemed to be 2 ladies who were in charge, 1 on reception and 1 in the restaurant area. My partner asked for a glass of tap water and this was delivered to the table and plonked down!!! No one asked if our meals were OK which they were. When the lady came to clear our plates away she had clearly been smoking as her breath was awful. Good comfy bed. Had breakfast the next morning, continental or English both help yourself. Again no atmosphere and we were the only ones eating at the time.

I would like to think that this hotel gets busy when there is a race meeting on and that business people use it during the week.

it was disappointing to see staff out numbering guests, they were making no effort to look busy.

Would we stay here again, probably but would depend on rate as there is a Premier Inn not too far away and also a Marriott Hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank glynishamilton
MTurner2013, General Manager at Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I was disappointed to read your comments regarding our team, and have personally spoken to my department managers who will address the points raised immediately, to ensure a similar situation will not happen again. As a new hotel we are still building awareness and are working towards increasing occupancy, which will in turn improve the atmosphere for our guests.

My apologies for the view from your bedroom, we are completing some work on the road to improve access to the hotel. I do hope that if your travel plans bring you back to Huntingdon you will choose to stay with us again, as I would very much like to restore your faith in our new hotel.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Colleague booked hotel and previously experience of chain has been hit and miss. Was impressed from the off. Couteous staff, room very clean and everything functioned perfectly. A great nights sleep. Not much around the place apart from The race course but was a quick 8 min taxi ride into Huntington.

2  Thank Jason P

Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us, I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit, and that our team were polite. Should your travel plans bring you back to Huntingdon I hope you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Very nice, ultra modern hotel. The reception staff very friendly and efficient upon arrival, rooms very clean, spacious & nicely fitted out. Breakfast buffet was also very good with attentive but not over the top staff waiting on.

We had plenty of drinks at the bar later on as the town itself was dead (Tuesday night so not much of a surprise). The staff were very helpful, serving us until about 4am without any complaint. The free table football in the bar was a bonus and provided us with loads of amusement whilst having a few drinks!

I was staying on business, and it was only by luck that the Premier Inn was full that I ended up staying here as the Hotel was over my budget but I was able to demonstrate that I had no alternative. Just a shame that I won't be able to stay here on business again unless I get the same luck!

1  Thank Jameshv10

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the team to be welcoming and helpful.

Please feel free to contact the hotel directly should you stay in the area again to receive our best available rate, as we would be pleased to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I needed a last minute hotel and found this one by chance. I wasn't expecting too much but it's superb and actually underpriced. The young lady at check out was extremely polite and helpful and the hotel is brand new so everything is is great condition.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank David R

Dear Guest

Thank you for your great comments, I am pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations, we hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future, should your travel plans bring you back to the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntingdon
Huntingdon Marriott Hotel
The Lion Hotel
The Lion Hotel
#1 of 2 in Buckden
The Waterfront Hotel, Spa & Golf

Been to Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse? Share your experiences!