“Maintaining an excellent standard”

The Abbot's Elm Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 111 Restaurants in Huntingdon
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Cambridgeshire
“Maintaining an excellent standard”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We went back yesterday for a lunchtime meal after sampling the evening fare earlier in the year, it's good in fact it's better than good, the whole experience from entering to leaving you feel as though you are the most valued customer on the premises. My steak was not cooked exactly to my liking but I didn't ask how the chef interprets the various degrees, but I couldn't have sent it back the flavour was to die for and as I always say a good steak needs no sauce!

1 Thank Relaxationjunkie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London, United Kingdom
“Really friendly staff and lovely location”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Was looking forward to an informal, relaxed evening eating outside in the sun but unfortunately it rained all night so we had to stay indoors but we still had a lovely time. We were taken to our table straight away and all the staff were helpful and friendly. The food was lovely and I thought the menu choice was a good one. The interior is very nice and imagine it would have a lovely atmosphere in winter months with the inglenook fire lit. Would have loved a little relaxed background music - shame the piano wasn't being used. Overall we had a really lovely time and nothing to fault.

Hinckley, United Kingdom
“Simply Brilliant”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have stayed at the Abbots Elm every week for some time and have sampled many things from their menu and have to say that I find both the accommodation and food to be excellent. Julia, John and their staff are both friendly and professional and their attention to detail ensures a very pleasant experience. I have had the pleasure of staying in many top class hotels in the UK and abroad, many of which would do well to take a leaf out of their book.

Telford, United Kingdom
“Abbots Elm”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was my second time staying here, a nice pleasurable
Experience, both John and Julia and the staff were very friendly and professional. Food excellent and breakfast beat me. Rooms very comfortable and free wifi. I stay away most weeks and it was nice to stay somewhere as good as this rather than the corporate type hotels. I certainly will return when on business in the region.
Many thanks

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Absolutely brilliant”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We had a lovely table for 5 at the patio window of the restaurant on Sunday 11th August at lunch time. We were shown directly to our table which was beautifully presented with crisp clean linen. The waitress was very sweet and very attentive. The food was piping hot and absolutely delicious. The mushroom risotto is to die for and the best I have ever eaten. We all had a varied choice from the menu including roasts, trout, terrine and lovely deserts and every one of us was impressed with the quality and the freshness of the food. The owner went the extra mile for me as a veggie (after exchanging emails) and created a tasty veggie roast dinner with my own onion gravy. It was a great touch and very delicious and I didn't feel I was missing out! The house sauvignon blanc is very good and reasonably priced. The lattes at the end of the meal were very good and the homemade ice cream and sorbets were yummy and the accompanying fresh raspberries were the most flavoursome I have had in a very long time. We will definitely return to this great pub/ restaurant in it's beautiful village setting!