“Excellent restaurant for that special occasion”
Review of The Old Bridge

The Old Bridge
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Huntingdon
Reviewed March 10, 2013

A party of eleven of us enjoyed a fabulous lunch in the terrace restaurant. Everything about the restaurant was just as you would wish it to be. A great atmosphere and busy. Essential to book a table if considering a celebratory meal. Everyone commented on the excellent quality of the food, the presentation and service. All in all a must if you are in Huntingdon and looking for a special restaurant with great service and charm.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

We were here for a wedding, a big family party. Rooms were charming but service was especially great. Full english breakfast was fabulous, evening meal average but the staff went so above and beyond keeping the bar open for the bridal party and coming to the rescue of our sick infant at 3 in the morning with fresh bedding. This was an experience of service from a bygone age!!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Thanks for a great meal the service is spot on ! We had a lunchtime meal in the restaurant as the bar area was really busy, the restaurant was ideal and tables well spaced apart. I would recommend that you book in advance as this is a very popular venue. I will definitely return in the future. .

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Paul G
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Myself and my partner have just got back from a two night stay and it was lovely. As soon as you arrive the hotel staff welcome you. We had our bags taken up to our room and here is where the wows started!!! We stayed in the tiger room number 10. The room is spacious with a seating area and the bathroom well I cannot describe it!!! It was bigger than my bedroom at home!! With a roll top freestanding bath set into the middle of the room with jack and Jill sinks and separate shower. We went down for lunch and sat in the bar with the open fire!! The bar staff are friendly and offered to order wine in for our meal from the wine shop attached, they also offered to make a cocktail especially for my partner that was not on the list!!! The food was great and the portions are of a good size. We loved our stay and it was a perfect location for the races. We will be back!!!

Room Tip: Room 10 the tiger room
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here with my husband overnight on a Saturday, having booked the £199 deal, which included afternoon tea, dinner (3 course) bed and breakfast. The room was fresh, modern and clean and comfortable. The afternoon tea was brought to our room and was delicious (best scones my husband has tasted). There were nice touches in the room, such as fresh milk for tea, home-made shortbread, a cafetiere, good quality television and radio and Molton Brown wash products. The staff were friendly and helpful. The meal was fantastic, each course was delicious and selection of wines very good. The breakfast was also a treat, the full English even included home-made black pudding. It was great value for money.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed in about 30 hotels in the UK so far, most four star, five star hotels, for own pleasure and many on UK business trips so I understand whats what.
Hotel room was lovely had a nice warm greeting upon arrival. After first night didnt like the way I was being looked at by the receptionist girl, left me abit uneasy? Possibly because my hair was abit messy from working on Rolls Royce Jet engines allday! Awkward!!
Was not keen on the dining area at all in my own opinion the whole room needs a good revamp to bring it in line with the rest of the hotel, uncomfortable practically being sat on the neighbouring tables lap! Rushed into ordering food although restaurant was not very busy. Food was quite nice really so wanted to order a dessert as i was given a menu...waited about ten to fifteen minutes waiters wondering around and still nobody noticed me at all, felt asif i should leave. Abruptly told no mobile phones and was told where to go to use it, ok may not be the best of manners with others at a table but felt like i was being controlled when i was obviously on my own keeping myself to myself. Would consider coming back if the hotel had a bar menu not everybody on business wants gourmet food every night!! £27 for a small sirloin steak and small bottle of diet coke is expensive by any account! Think I will choose another hotel next time just not impressed at all...i dont write many reviews but some i feel i have too!

Room Tip: If you could mix the Marriotts food and service with these rooms the hotel would be perfect! Truely...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Benson2011
OBWS, Owner at The Old Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

No excuses at all for any lack of welcome or friendly service. So our sincere apologies to Benson2011 for that. I agree that the state of your hair isn't relevant to the reception you should receive.

The only point I must make is that we do have a bar menu and guests can eat from this (or from the full a la carte) in the bar, lounge or more formal restaurant - wherever they might feel most at home.

With kind regards

John Hoskins

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We booked for a 1 night stay in one of the themed 4-poster rooms on the Dinner, B & B rate. The whole stay was fantastic. Room was very clean and comfortable, the bathroom was luxurious and enormous, staff were very friendly and attentive, and the food was superb. This is not for those looking for a cheap weekend break but you get what you pay for in this instance - quality and class!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntingdon
The Varsity Hotel & Spa
The George Hotel
#6 of 9 in Huntingdon
Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse
Quy Mill Hotel & Spa, Cambridge, BW Premier Collection

Been to The Old Bridge? Share your experiences!