“Excellent for our needs- a fine hotel”

Huntingdon Marriott Hotel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Huntingdon
Cork, Ireland
“Excellent for our needs- a fine hotel”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Bearing in mind if you don't have a car this hotel is pretty useless to you, but for me and my friends needs it was perfect for the Flying Legends Airshow in Duxford. Room and bathroom was lovely, clean, big and quiet as was the hotel in general even though it was quite full.
Price was excellent and the food in the bar/restaurant was lovely.
Id definitely stay here again when coming back to the Airshow.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bastogne44

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed for along weekend 19th/22nd July. The first evening desided to eat in the restaurant
To give a rest from driving. Rang down from our room to book, told if we got there straight away we'd get served! After ordering from the blackboard menu. It took fourty minutes for my starter to arrive, Dim sum, awful! Staff were appolgising to other guest about the slow service. I ordered ribeye, my husband had rump steak. His came with a mixed salad leaves, mine just one kind.
For what we had it was expensive, poor quality.
Will not stay their again.

M

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed July 25, 2013

During my last stay at Marriott Huntingdon I was robbed (it happened when I left my room for gym - 2h). I've tried to resolve the issue with hotel's stuff but recieved no help whatsoever.
I've reported the incident to the reception when I noticed money missing and was asked for details - which I provided them and investigation was promised to be conducted immediately.

When I returned after work I had to personally seek any update from current reception, who had no idea that anything happened. I was again asked to provide full details which were written down. Again. I was assured that I will be contacted about status in minutes and asked to go to my room. I did. Nothing happend for over an hour. After 90 minutes finally reception called saying that they now know that nothing happened concerning investigation and nothing will at least until next day. That was when the day I was checking out.

I asked the receptionist wheather should I report the incident to the Police, because I wasn't getting any support from hotel stuff. I was asked to wait while he contacts his manager and that I will be updated in a few minutes.

Nothing happened again for over an hour. I went to the reception where I was informed that yes, I probably should report to the Police if I wish to. And was asked again to provide details of the incident, which were written down for the third time.

The manager I spoke to when checking out didn't feel at all responsible for thievery done in the hotel, my loss and was without any means intending to compensate or even properly apologize.

All in all, real quality of stuff and service shows in moments like this - which in this case was simply fatal.

Room Tip: Stay away.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Artur1232
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Recently stayed at the Marriott Huntingdon to attend a wedding at nearby Hinchingbrooke House.

A discounted rate had been arranged for guests attending the wedding which also included breakfast. Check in was not until 3pm and the wedding ceremony started at 2.30pm, however the hotel staff went out of their way to try and accommodate early check in for all people attending the wedding at no additional cost.

The room was a reasonable size with comfy bed and decent sized bathroom. We didn't spend much time in the hotel, however after the wedding had finished we returned to the hotel and spent a few hours in the very spacious bar.

Breakfast runs until 11am, so late sleepers like us could still get a lie in.

I would happily recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank picks80
Biloxi, Mississippi
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The staff was wonderful and even went out of their way to get some personal items for me that I had forgotten after all the stores were closed. Very impressed! I bar and dining room staff were great and the breakfast and wifi is free for elite members. Had one small issue/oversight from cleaning staff but the front desk staff quickly addressed it and fixed it. Not a single complaint from me. Great place to stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Hotel was located in a business area so you have to drive to a restaurant if you want to eat somewhere other than inside the hotel. Breakfast was outstanding. I left stuffed every morning and everything I ate was perfect. Hotel has a very nice bar with free Wifi for an hour in the evenings. Awesome Gym with pool, hot tub, sauna, etc... Definitely a place I'd stay again. As a matter of fact, I already book another visit!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
London
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Had a lovely stay at this hotel. I stayed here on Saturday 6th July after a long day shopping in Cambridge with my mum. This was a nice hotel to stay at as its about a 20 minute drive out of Cambridge so you leave all the hustle and bustle behind. We had a deluxe room, although to be honest I think a few things could be added for this to be classed as "deluxe". We had no fridge, no bathrobe or slippers and with most hotels when paying for a deluxe room you get a small bottle of wine. Personally, these little things make the difference when paying for a deluxe room. The room was very nice though and clean, the air con was great as it was a boiling hot day! Even though the hotel was right next to the motorway, we couldn't hear any cars near by and stayed in a room facing the car park. The terrace was nice too and good to sit out and have an evening drink. The staff are very friendly and helpful, although they do need to relax and not worry so much. We had a 3 course meal included in the cost of our room price. You didn't get much choice from the a la carte menu, but what we did have was nice, although this could be improved. Overall the food was good and drink prices at the hotel were reasonable. The only thing that put us off when having dinner was being seated next to a brown leather sofa. I don't think the sofas are really needed in the restaurant especially as they are for decorative purposes only, a nice display of flowers would have been better! The breakfast was lovely and constantly fresh food was brought out.

I would definitely stay here again. We paid £131 for a twin room, 3 course dinner and breakfast, which was a very good deal!

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the car park
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank faye r
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntingdon
Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse
#12 of 27 in Peterborough
Wyboston Lakes Hotel
Wyboston Lakes Hotel
#1 of 2 in Wyboston

Been to Huntingdon Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!