“very nice stay”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Huntingdon
barnsley, south yorkshire United Kingdom
“very nice stay”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

had a lovely time .staff were so helpful nothing was too much trouble.stayed with family for a large family christening in huntingdon,grandchildren (4+8 loved the pool kids catered for at mealtimes.all in all a very pleasant stay. will go back again,for the cost is a very very good hotel

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ann E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 20, 2012

My recent stay at the Huntondon Marriott was beyond my expectations in service, ammenitites and food. The staff at the front desk were friendly, knowledgable and seemed to go out of their way to provide anything we required. Special mention to Laura and Javier for making us all feel welcome and part of their family. The room were very clean, hallways kept up and the dinning was world class. Every client I entertained that weekend were overwhelmed by the service. We are very much looking forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: First Floor rooms facing the parking lot add great sunrise views.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank agent2you
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I have stayed here the past two weeks and have another two weeks to go. The hotel is modern and the staff are very friendly. The restaurant food is pretty good.
The hotel location isn't great, there isn't anything to walk to nearby so you have to either drive elsewhere or be prepared to be in the hotel each evening.
The only downside is that although the hotel gym is very well equipped it could do with a good clean.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I travel extensively for work and often stay at Marriott facilities. I was glad to discover a Marriott in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, UK.

The best part of this Marriott is the gym and pool. The gym has well maintained modern equipment with an onsite staff member daily. The pool is clean and huge. I saw the staff member testing the water "levels" every so often, so I know that it was within hygenic ranges. The restaurant had good food and I enjoyed the daily specials. The front desk staff always greeted with a friendly "hello" when they were not overrun with checkins/checkouts and taking down food orders for room service.

The bad parts were primarily associated with the internet service, the attention to detail from the housekeeping staff and general facilities maintenance. I had a telephone in my room that had a bad jack, actually neither telephone worked, so I'm not convinced it was the jack. Either way, it was never fixed, even after reporting it twice. I also noticed the bedskirt had never been changed during my month stay as I noticed a disgusting stain the first day. I was also often left without toilet paper and had to procure it from the public bathroom down the hall. As for the internet! iBahn sucks. I had two internet enabled devices (not that uncommon these days) and iBahn registers the MAC address so I could not use the interent (although I paid 75GBP/week for it) on multiple devices. I finally went to Tesco and bought my own wireless router, so I could use both devices and have wireless. You've got to be kidding me that in 2012 there isn't a better way to provide interent services at a reduced rate to loyal customers. Oh yeah, did I mention I had to ask the housekeeping to vaccuum?

My bed was "lumpy" and had a lean to one side. It just wasn't what I've found for Marriott in the US. Part of me is under the impression that Marriott Huntingdon knows they have the market as there are no other large chain "business class" hotels in the are for competition. I hope that if I return I can indicate the expereince has improved.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed April 26, 2012

First, the positive. The physical facilities were very nice. The manager Axel was very understanding. The food and beverage manager was very understanding.

Now the negative: My reservation stated that the room had wireless internet, which it didn't. Only premium rooms have wireless internet. The wired internet was so bad that I eventually convinced management to move me to a premium room. The wireless interent in this room was so bad that I couldn't use it. I finally gave up, and after signing up in my room went to the lobby to use the internet.

The night of my arrival I ordered a chicken stir fry, and waited over an hour in the restaurant before finally giving up and going to my room to order a hamaburger which came in 20 minutes.
They compensated me for the room service, but that was not the point.

I am a platiunum member with Marriott and this is the only Marriott I have ever stayed at where platinum memeber do not get two free drink vouchers to use at the bar. All I wanted was two bottles of water each night. Everyone at the hotel acted like they had never heard of this benefit before. I explained to them that every Marriott I have ever stayed at that does not have an executive lounge offers the drink coupons.

Other problems, I could not get the telephone to work for local calls, and the iron was broken and constantly drip water all over my clothes when I was trying to iron them. Also, there was no referigerator in the room.

I definitly will not be staying at this hotel again - eventhough it was con

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank David L
Newark-On-Trent
Reviewed April 22, 2012

we stayed here for a visit to Cambridge, a very clean hotel, food lovely, staff couldn't do enough for us.We ate in the restaurant at night and the meal was perfect. The pool and sauna etc was all very clean. The hotel rooms were spotless as always! We have stayed in the Marriott chain of hotels before (York) and every thing was 4* standard.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Christina M
England
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights while attending a wedding in the hotel, and found it an excellent example of this kind of quality chain hotel (which I stay in often on business). The room was modern and extremely comfortable - the bed was the best I've encountered yet, the bathroom was very good and the air-con worked perfectly (but you can also open the windows, which I like). I appreciated the "bedding menu" - being able to choose hypo-allergenic bedding when booking was good, and the feather-free bedding certainly contributed to three good nights sleep. The staff were friendly and helpful, and (apart from the first night, when the restaurant seemed to be overwhelmed and service was very slow), the service was excellent. Food was very good, particularly considering the number of people they were catering for. The location was excellent for the purpose (many people coming from lots of different locations), but I wouldn't want to stay here for a holiday - it's a transit or business hotel in a business park environment.

Room Tip: First floor overlooking car-park - no road noise even with window open, but some rooms overlooking A...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank TravellersTale001
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntingdon
Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse
The Dolphin
The Dolphin
#3 of 4 in St Ives
Best Western Plus Peterborough Orton Hall Hotel & Spa

Been to Huntingdon Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!