Francis Court Hotel
$130
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfour poster bednight porterlast weekendfood was lovelynear future
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We arrived on a Saturday evening and the reception staff was very friendly. We went to our room and was pleasantly surprised by the warmth and the surroundings :) we went to the niteclub and although it was a quiet nite from after the Xmas celebrations we still managed to have a great nite :) the breakfast was lovely in the morn :) would def stay again if we are ever in newry!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a twin room and was excellent and very spacious
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
FCH01, Manager at Francis Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. We really appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted that you would come back for another visit. Thanks again.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I have just spent 10 days at the Francis Court and have nothing but glowing comments to make.I was there to visit my ill mother.Breakfast was available everymorning and done with a smile [and was included in my Tariff].My room was large and clean with ensuit bathroom,also the heating was great as every day was 0-5 degrees and comming home to a warm room was great.
Any requests were done with a minium of fuss.I was even given a cup of tea and a takeaway sandwich for my 5 am departure to Dublin Airport.
Fabulous Irish hospitality !

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Damian J
FCH01, Manager at Francis Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you have nothing but glowing comments to make! It really is appreciated from all of the staff at the hotel when a guest takes the time to leave a good review. I hope your mum is feeling better and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Francis Court Hotel with plenty more Irish Hospitality.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

What can I say I had a lovely room with a four poster bed, the room was clean and well equipped a bar and restaurant downstairs everything seemed hunky dory...... was very happy to see a bath in the en-suit shame there was'ent any hot water not even to wash my hair, stone cold! I let that one go as it was 9pm. BUT THEN the music begins OMG i cant describe how loud it was only to say I put the T.V up full and still struggled to hear it although I could hear every word.beat and song from the club. Ironically the night club that is part of the hotel is called 'Bed' something there is no point in going to if you want to sleep! Had to wait till after 1pm before it stopped. I cant fault the staff or surroundings and if you want to party this is the perfect Hotel just not if you want to sleep. I might add after the night club ended the hotel was quiet and the bed very comfortable just not the place to stay if you are working, but if your there for a weekend of fun then its the place for you :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank KatDerry
FCH01, Manager at Francis Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. We very much appreciate your kind words about our rooms. As you point out at the weekend especially on a Saturday night we have a very lively environment with a bar and nightclub attached and we always advise people of this when they are booking. I can assure you throughout the rest of the week our rooms are very quiet.

Thanks

Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Visited O'Dowds bar with my family for the first time recently. Very cosy & comfortable. Ordered food from the Sunday carvery & bar food menu. Order was taken promply but sat for more than 40mins before my husbands starter arrived. Then the wait for main courses went on & my young daughter was gettin quite impatient. Food eventually arrived, no apology from waiter. Food was bar food standard, nothing more. My husband asked waiter for gravy for his turkey dinner but it never arrived. No one came back to our table to ask if we wanted to see dessert menu/coffee. On paying my husband mentioned all this but was told that staff had to get their own lunch!!! We will never set foot back in O'Dowds again.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank DeniseIreland

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience in O'Dowd's Bar. I am very sorry that you didn't receive the level of service that we pride ourselves on and indeed what we are known for. If you wish to contact me directly on 02830266926 I would be happy to fully investigate your complaint.

Thanks

Reviewed August 1, 2012

I visit the Francis Court complex every time I get a chance to go back home to Newry. I love the atmosphere there, it is a great chance to meet all of my friends and all of the staff are extremely helpful and friendly.

There is food served daily and wide variety to choice from. The Francis Court has an excellent location and I love to go shopping next door to the Buttercrane and the Quays and then stop in for lunch in O'Dowds, for a lunchtime special (offered daily).

The Francis Court Hotel which is at the side of the complex, is an elegant small hotel, with superb rooms, comfy beds and very reasonable priced compared to other hotels in the city. If you choose to stay in the Francis Court hotel then also included in the price is Free Entrance to the nightclub and a full English Breakfast the next morning. I took full advantage of both and was not disappointed.

I would definitely recommend the Francis Court to everyone! Great complex.

Room Tip: Excellent Complex. Definitely worth a visit!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends