See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I don't understand why, some people would post negative comments, about this hotel ?
Before I decided to book the hotel, I read some reviews and I didn't know what to think, to be honest. So I decided to phone Fransis Court Hotel, and I heard a lovely welcoming voice, "Fransis Court Hotel, how can I help you?" After a lovely chat, I booked, the hotel for the whole weekend, got such a good offer, with Vip area celebrating for free, there was like so many offers for coctails, and I think it was like 2 drinks for £5 I was drinking double vodka and coke for £5 all night, Recived champagne for FREE !! because it was my birthday, I got a full irish breakfast in each morning, in that price, and all my guest had such a good time, I need to be honest, I was treated so well, even the woman in reception, made me and my boyfriend, a sandwich and tea in the middle of the night, because I was so hungry .lol This hotel doesn't look like the pictures added here, at all. !! I actually asked my boyfriend to take some proper pictures and he will add them later, with his own review. But what I'm trying to say is, that I had such a good birthday, such a good sty, shooping centres across the road, felt like at home, and I will be back. Sometimes is good to not jouge things by their cover.
Monica :-)

Date of stay: January 2012
1  Thank MonicaBoruc
Reviewed January 29, 2012

this is a briliant weekend if going for a girly weekend as the nightclub is dirctly below
all i can say is i recommend this hotel to people and the staff are the best hotel i have been to

i highly recommend and i will be back

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 12, 2012

myself and my partner stayed at the francis court hotel , we came down from cork to do shopping, we found the staff very good and helpfull, the rooms were clean and tidy, the food was very good and value for money, we also had a great night out in there night club it was a great night we even got put into there vip area , i have never seen anything like it before, im taken my friends down for the weekend to show them this place

Date of stay: December 2011
1  Thank christine m
FCH01, Public Relations Manager at Francis Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2012

Thankyou for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and loved our nightclub VIP area. We look forward to you visiting again with your friends!
Thanks again.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

having stayed in a beautiful hotel in monaghan we decided to travel to newry for shopping.booked into francis hotel at short notice but was shocked at having to pay 80 pounds for a very outdated hotel.could hear every step of whoever was walking in room overhead,floor boards really creaky,,went to open locker by bed and handle fell off also socket was hanging off of the wall.im not really fussy but after spending 70 pounds night before in a classy hotel i think they are way over priced for what thay offer.wouldnt stay there again ,,felt i had gone back in time when i saw the old fashioned room and furniture in it,in saying that staff were lovely ,,just think the owner needs to wake up ,,its 2011 not the seventies....

Date of stay: November 2011
1  Thank gerahern
FCH01, Public Relations Manager at Francis Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2012

Thankyou for taking the time to review your stay at The Francis Court Hotel. Firstly I would like to say that I was horrified to hear that there was a loose electrical socket within your room and I can assure you that it has since been fixed.
With regards to your comments about our creaky floor boards it is a very old building that has been restored and that is just part of the character of the rooms.
With regards to your comments about the 1970's theme within our bar area that is very much in fashion at the minute, and although it doesn't suit everyones taste, we have generally received very positive comments from about it.
Thankyou again

Reviewed August 8, 2011

This "hotel" is a disgrace!

Poor Effort made by staff. Staff are all dismissive of guests and worst of all they including management are rude.

Eating area/ bar is awful.

Hotel cannot cope with all guest requests and think it's acceptable to refuse point blankly because they can't be bothered.

Date of stay: May 2011
1  Thank JammieGoer

Thankyou for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I would appreciate if you would contact us directly to discuss your review in particular regarding your comments about rude staff. We never tolerate any kind of ill manners from our staff and pride ourselves on having a very customer friendly team.
We have recently renovated both the hotel rooms and the bar/restaurant area, and believe they both offer comfort and style in a relaxing, cosy atmosphere.
Having checked back on our system the only issue that we had around that time was a group booking made for both the hotel and the nightclub VIP area. Unfortunately not all of the party who had booked turned up and the nightclub was unable to continue to offer the VIP bed area to the party as they have a minimum number of people needed to book the bed. They did however accommodate the smaller group by providing complimentary VIP seating area and complimentary champagne which was thoroughly enjoyed by the guests at the time.
Thankyou again.