“happychap :)”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Newry
Francis Court Hotel
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Newry
Reviewed January 30, 2012

just want to say a big thank u to all the staff at the hotel! :) well were do i start brilliant place to be, staff were so friendly anything wee needed they got, nothing was too much hassle, also had food in the place aswell which was delicious, i couldnt fault a thing about the place, the rooms were standard and they were lovely, it is a perfect place to stay in and also a good nite, we went to the nite club which was a great nite to, the place as brilliant value for money,, i would defo recommend this place to stay in, had such a lovely experence and im soo happy with the service they created a lovely atmosphere for us i couldnt fault this place at all and im a fussy person,,,, so thanks again and we will be back a special thanks to kevin,christine,pat,conor and so so and if i missed anyone out thanks too u as well :)

Room Tip: wee had the top floor was spot on :)
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 30, 2012

I don't understand why, some people would post negative comments, about this hotel ?
Before I decided to book the hotel, I read some reviews and I didn't know what to think, to be honest. So I decided to phone Fransis Court Hotel, and I heard a lovely welcoming voice, "Fransis Court Hotel, how can I help you?" After a lovely chat, I booked, the hotel for the whole weekend, got such a good offer, with Vip area celebrating for free, there was like so many offers for coctails, and I think it was like 2 drinks for £5 I was drinking double vodka and coke for £5 all night, Recived champagne for FREE !! because it was my birthday, I got a full irish breakfast in each morning, in that price, and all my guest had such a good time, I need to be honest, I was treated so well, even the woman in reception, made me and my boyfriend, a sandwich and tea in the middle of the night, because I was so hungry .lol This hotel doesn't look like the pictures added here, at all. !! I actually asked my boyfriend to take some proper pictures and he will add them later, with his own review. But what I'm trying to say is, that I had such a good birthday, such a good sty, shooping centres across the road, felt like at home, and I will be back. Sometimes is good to not jouge things by their cover.
Monica :-)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MonicaBoruc
Reviewed January 29, 2012

this is a briliant weekend if going for a girly weekend as the nightclub is dirctly below
all i can say is i recommend this hotel to people and the staff are the best hotel i have been to

i highly recommend and i will be back

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 12, 2012

myself and my partner stayed at the francis court hotel , we came down from cork to do shopping, we found the staff very good and helpfull, the rooms were clean and tidy, the food was very good and value for money, we also had a great night out in there night club it was a great night we even got put into there vip area , i have never seen anything like it before, im taken my friends down for the weekend to show them this place

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank christine m
FCH01, Public Relations Manager at Francis Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2012

Thankyou for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and loved our nightclub VIP area. We look forward to you visiting again with your friends!
Thanks again.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

having stayed in a beautiful hotel in monaghan we decided to travel to newry for shopping.booked into francis hotel at short notice but was shocked at having to pay 80 pounds for a very outdated hotel.could hear every step of whoever was walking in room overhead,floor boards really creaky,,went to open locker by bed and handle fell off also socket was hanging off of the wall.im not really fussy but after spending 70 pounds night before in a classy hotel i think they are way over priced for what thay offer.wouldnt stay there again ,,felt i had gone back in time when i saw the old fashioned room and furniture in it,in saying that staff were lovely ,,just think the owner needs to wake up ,,its 2011 not the seventies....

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gerahern
FCH01, Public Relations Manager at Francis Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2012

Thankyou for taking the time to review your stay at The Francis Court Hotel. Firstly I would like to say that I was horrified to hear that there was a loose electrical socket within your room and I can assure you that it has since been fixed.
With regards to your comments about our creaky floor boards it is a very old building that has been restored and that is just part of the character of the rooms.
With regards to your comments about the 1970's theme within our bar area that is very much in fashion at the minute, and although it doesn't suit everyones taste, we have generally received very positive comments from about it.
Thankyou again

Reviewed August 8, 2011

This "hotel" is a disgrace!

Poor Effort made by staff. Staff are all dismissive of guests and worst of all they including management are rude.

Eating area/ bar is awful.

Hotel cannot cope with all guest requests and think it's acceptable to refuse point blankly because they can't be bothered.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank JammieGoer

Thankyou for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I would appreciate if you would contact us directly to discuss your review in particular regarding your comments about rude staff. We never tolerate any kind of ill manners from our staff and pride ourselves on having a very customer friendly team.
We have recently renovated both the hotel rooms and the bar/restaurant area, and believe they both offer comfort and style in a relaxing, cosy atmosphere.
Having checked back on our system the only issue that we had around that time was a group booking made for both the hotel and the nightclub VIP area. Unfortunately not all of the party who had booked turned up and the nightclub was unable to continue to offer the VIP bed area to the party as they have a minimum number of people needed to book the bed. They did however accommodate the smaller group by providing complimentary VIP seating area and complimentary champagne which was thoroughly enjoyed by the guests at the time.
Thankyou again.

Reviewed June 23, 2011

Our trip to Newry was somewhat unexpected, so arriving at 19:00 on a Thursday evening we wern't expecting much ringing round any hotel we could find (and there dont appear to be many in Newry!) Rang one other hotel and had a very large quote!.. but then got through to The Francis Court (about half the price). When we pulled up outside we were delighted with our choice.. and even more delighted that we had found the last room!

The lady on reception was both friendly and extreemly helpful.. a great welcome. The room was very large and had a large four poster bed - Who would have thought Newry was such a romantic place :). But all was clean and as it should be!

A good place to stay.. just check to see if the night club is on before staying!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bluebus

Thankyou for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you found our staff to be welcoming and that the room was nice and romantic!
As you point out, Mid-week our hotel rooms are very quiet and at the weekend we do have a lively bar and a nightclub which is perfect if you want some entertainment with your stay!
Thankyou again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newry
Canal Court Hotel & Spa
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk
Cross Square Hotel
Cross Square Hotel
#1 of 1 in Crossmaglen

Been to Francis Court Hotel? Share your experiences!