“Amazing day out”

Laneway Lodge - Private Day Horse Rides
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the Wild West, in the Mournes! A warm welcome awaits for you here at Laneway Lodge, we will pair you up with a suitable horse, spend some time establishing respect and control on the ground before mounting up and hitting the trails. We offer river, forest and beach rides. We are suitable for beginner cowboys and cowgirls as well as the more experienced.
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Amazing day out”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We booked a half day riding with John and what an amazing half day it turned out to be.
John was the best host ever and very knowledgeable. We started the day going through a lot of tips for handling horses (non forceful way) from the ground before taking up to the saddle. John is a very patient man which also shows in the way he handles horses.
Once we got the basics and learned to know the horses (and vice versa of course), we went to ride outside. Landscape is beautiful, overlooking Morne mountains, roads soft for the horses to gallop and even rode across few rivers.
John had 3 riding horses at the time but had possibility to borrow few more should there be a bigger group wanting to book.
The horse I rode was amazing funny little girl. For sure she was bit testing in the beginning but we got quickly over this when doing the ground work with John. The mare gave me wonderful ride outside and was sure of her feet and easy to handle.
All and all, I give the day 5 * and will return someday, even hoping to make this something I could do regularly. Having ridden horses a lot in the years passed, John still managed to teach me so much about natural horsemanship and I cant stop thinking how amazing it would be if he ever had workshops around this topic....

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Ninis78

Taby, Sweden
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“One of the best horsemanships I ever experienced!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

If you want to experience natural and horse friendly horsemanship, you have to visit John at Laneway Lodge! Me and my sis was so impressed for how he was with his horses. We learned a lot from his way to be with horses (allthough we have been riding for years). Definitely we are going back there - one of the best places we ever been! Next time we are going to stay for B&B too!

Visited September 2013