“Good place to dine.”

Shelbourne Bakery and Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Newry
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Have visited The Shelbourne restaurant when we visit Newry.all ways find it good value,excellent service, good food,and nice surrounding ,spotless place.Well done all .

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Have been here many times to sit in and have food - fry is amazing! Make a regular weekly visit or monthly visit to pick up some treats (cake/buns) for a Saturday afternoon - best cakes around! Also, very good at making cakes for occasions on short notice. Very good staff who cope very well with the busy crowds at the weekend.

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

The Shelbourne is a great place to go if your looking for Top Quality delicious food/meals/sandwiches/coffee/cakes etc... at really reasonable prices. It offers a full menu choice to suit any taste or age (+ lots of healthy options) so you won't go wrong eating here! The place is always spotless clean (including the toilets) and the staff are friendly and quick to take your order/bring your food. Over the years we tried other local places but none of them even came close to The Shelbourne on quality/freshness/cleanliness etc...... We always enjoy our trip to The Shelbourne when visiting family in Newry.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

The Shelbourne is a favourite haunt of ours when we are visiting Newry. The bakery sells everything from breads to delicious cream cakes, they also make beautiful birthday/wedding cakes made to order. At the back of the bakery the restaurant sells top notch food to satisfy anybody. The staff are very friendly & effient .

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

I was standing in a queue in the bakery waiting to be served and it struck me that I did a review on the restaurant a few months ago but I haven't reviewed the bakery. Now my views on the restaurant are unchanged but I must say that the bakery is just first class. I don't intend reciting all the hundreds of wonderful savoury and sweet choices but when it comes to the mock cream doughnuts (lots of great fresh cream choices too) I can't resist. These doughnuts contain everything I usually whine about: deep fried dough, white sugar and a veggy oil based 'cream' but hypocrite that I am boy oh boy do I enjoy them. The chicken patties the mushroom patties and pork sausage rolls too are so bad for you but again they are near top of my shopping list along with the iced coconut sweet breads - I'm sounding like a real pig now. But to balance I do limit my intake of this food now to just a few times a year, Nigella (yes Nigella not Higella) would call it 'guilty pleasures'. The fresh sponge cakes and pavlovas are prize winning products but I have a criticism though, just one and it's their lemon meringue pies; now over £4. The meringue is top class, wonderful but the lemon filling has become truly grim, tasteless and stodgy. The taste of the vegetable shortening pie pastry too while not bad (used to be better) could be improved but really the filling is dreadful. The potato cakes various scones, soda and treacle breads are all very good. Staff ever friendly and efficient.

1  Thank Newryone