“Formula Karting”
Review of Formula Karting

Formula Karting
Ranked #4 of 33 things to do in Newry
More attraction details
Owner description: We are Europe’s largest Indoor Karting Centre with three tracks spanning over 1km. We cater for all groups including Birthday Parties, Corporate events, Hen and Stags, School and Youth Groups and many more. We have a range of options to suit all tastes and budgets. We can also cater towards your own needs and develop a package specific to you. Our facilities include: Three Top Class Racing Tracks, Viewing Area & Amusement Arcade, Café serving a range of delicious Coffees, Tea etc Digital Display Results Board, Conference and Party Rooms, Accommodation Packages available, Transport can be arranged via bus, taxi, train, helicopter & limo, Catering is available upon request.
Armagh, United Kingdom
“Formula Karting”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I've been here a couple of times and every time I have walked away with a smile on my face. I have only ever done the Grand Prix with at least 20 people. Pricey, yes, but it's great fun! With three indoor tracks, there's plenty of choice, each has ramps and some really good turns. It's really worth it!

Visited January 2014

Newry, United Kingdom
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Good attraction!”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Located about a mile from Newry City Center. A taxi to here should cost you no more than £3.50- £4

Good place for some fun with your friends, although a little pricey. The price goes down if you are with a large group, but for 30-45 minutes on the track, I would only recommend going with a group - after all why would you got with just one or two people? I've heard from friends its great for stag parties ect.

Visited April 2013
Downpatrick, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Good day out”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Brilliant Craic. Good for stags and birthdays or just a day out. Trophies given out to the top three. Three tracks to choose from. I think track one is the best. Track three I think it is has a lot of corners and no straights.

Visited December 2013
FormulaKarting, Manager at Formula Karting, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review.

We are delighted you enjoyed our tracks and your time at Formula Karting. We are definitely a big hit with Stags. Hens, Birthdays etc

We hope to see you all again soon.
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Best Formula Karting Place in the world”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I'm American and we have fantastic Formula Karting places but none of them would put a patch on this centre. Best one I have ever went on and I have been to loads especially in America and Canada. I visited while on holiday in Ireland in June with my cousin from Armagh and could easily have stayed all day. Fantastic course and cars. The staff very kindly fitted us in even though the place was packed that day. It was the best day of my vacation to Ireland. Had I not been returning home a few days later, I would have been back at this brilliant spot.

Visited June 2013
FormulaKarting, Manager at Formula Karting, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you very much for giving us a great review.

We pride ourselves on being the biggest and best track in Europe and it is great to hear that we also rate so highly with visitors from America and further afield.

One of our main priorities is providing a high standard of quality service to our customers and it is always nice to receive good feedback.

We hope to see you back here on your next family visit.
Taichung, Taiwan
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Good, although pricey.”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Good place for some fun with your friends, although a little pricey. Price goes down if you are with a large group, but for 30-45 minutes on the track, I would only recommend going with a group. When I went there was an indoor and outdoor racing track which was in great condition and karts were in mint condition.

Visited March 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit to Formula Karting, Newry.

We have a number of race formats/arrive and drive sessions available to each customer and our prices start from as little as £15.00 per person.

The Arrive & Drive Session is a popular format for the individual as we have minimum driver requirements for other race formats. This Arrive & Drive is an attractive option for one driver or a small group.

Just to clarify that our three tracks are all indoor, each with their own unique feature. We do not have an outdoor track.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the very near future.