“excellent food”

Yellow Heifer
Ranked #1 of 119 Restaurants in Newry
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tradtional Irish pub that serves top quality Irish food with an eye for detail and superb flavour, fresh seafood dishes weekly, family friendly.
Ireland
“excellent food”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Dined at yellow heifer last night and was not disappointed great food and very friendly staff. Will definately be back

• Visited March 2013

“Good points and one bad one”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Ok so I would like to point out I'm local to the area and have being to the restaurant before. Booked for 16th feb for a party of 11 however on the night in question we ended up having two more I spoke to one of the girls when I arrived and she said it wasn't a problem. We where kept delayed for a hour before being seated at our table which we where fine about because they have a lovely cocktail bar. When we finally got seated we where two seats short shouldn't have being a problem or so we had being told. The waitress came over and caused such a fuss over it shouting out you booked for 11 quite rudely and also made a big deal over the fact that more knives and forks had to be got and that we couldn't put a chair at the top of the table. I have to say it made us feel like we where putting the waitress out. However we didn't let it ruin our night and the food was lovely. We stayed into the wee hours and had a good night we where told that there would be live music which didnt happen. I must add that the three other waitresses who served us Sharon Ann and Tracy where lovely went out of there way to ensure we had a good night and they made up for the rude experience we had encountered earlier. Having friends at the table from USA and London they pointed out they would struggle to go back after such a big deal made about a extra seat. I can't take away from the lovely food and nice surroundings that we experienced

1 Thank Armajo
Newry Co Down
“Awesome food and service”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I had heard a lot of good reports from a number of people about the food and service at the Yellow Heifer and it turned out to be 100% true, Took my wife for Valentines. The food and service was Fantastic, the steaks were cooked to perfection, the restaurant has a warm and friendly atmosphere, the staff are friendly and always on hand to help. A special thanks to Sharon for looking after us so well. We will definitely be back. And the Guinness was awesome best I've tasted.

• Visited February 2013
Armagh, United Kingdom
“Will be back”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The food and the place was class we didn't book even though they were busy they still found a table for us! Food really good the only thing was my steak was cooked wrong but when I asked them to fix it that done it and were very apologetic and couldnt do enough for us will be back again soon!

Paul Q, Owner at Yellow Heifer, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thankyou.
I'm sorry to hear we got your steak wrong the first time around, but really gald we were to sort it out efficiently and it didnt spoil your experience with us. If you remind us it happened the next time you visit us, I guarantee it wont happen again. Sometimes something like that can totally put people off and they dont get the full experience we try so hard to provide them with, I am really delighted it was'nt so in this case.
Thankyou again.
Paul
Newry, United Kingdom
“Will definitely return”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We visited this restaurant/pub on Sat night on a girls night out. Service first class, food absolutely beautiful and atmosphere was so relaxing. All the choices on the menu sounded delicious but i chose steak and it was perfect, as was the sticky toffee pudding. I will definitely be returning (might take my husband next time so he can pay) i really want to try the raspberry and white chocolate bread and butter pudding :) keep up the great work guys x

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Martina414
Paul Q, Owner at Yellow Heifer, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thankyou Martina.
Another great review for us!! We look forward to seeing you again and meeting your husband too! Hopefully we can pull it off again.
Paul