“Pure heaven”

Canal Court Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Newry
Reviewed July 14, 2008

First class stay, first class room, first class food and first class staff. Stayed for two nights after having my wedding reception in the hotel. I could not have asked for more. Everything was brilliant. Stayed in the executive suite, not cheap at £300 a night but nice to experience real quality once in a while. Would love to go every year!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Write a ReviewReviews (1,038)

995 - 1,001 of 1,038 reviews

Reviewed June 26, 2008

We stayed at the Canal Court Hotel for 2 nights as we were at a friends wedding.
Newry is not a great town to look at - neither is the hotel from the outside but inside is great!
From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we had a fantastic weekend and the hotel was all we could have asked for and more.
Our bedroom overlooked the canal - not a great view but better that the car park. Our room had a massive double bed and enough space to fit in another one too! Spotlessly clean as was the bathroom too.
The staff could not do enough for us and our dinner on the Friday night was excellent. Breakfast was buffet or cooked and both were excellent.
We had no time to try out the pool or fitness suite but looked amazing.
Next time we are in Northern Ireland we will definitely be staying here - highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2008

I booked an overnight stay at the hotel and as I was on my own I would have been happy with a basic room. I was very pleasantly surprised at the spacious room I was given and the double bed was more like a quadruple! It was one of the biggest beds I've ever slept in. The room was very well equipped with a safe, tea/coffee facilities, hair dryer and iron. The only quibble I had was with the television reception - some of the channels were quite grainy. I had dinner in the restaurant and the food was first class. I found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful. I didn't avail of the leisure activities. All in all, an excellent hotel and one to which I would have no hesitation in returning to. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank carrigman
Reviewed May 6, 2008

Had a 1 night stay here to attend a charity dinner.
The rate for the Penthouse was attractive in comparison to other room grades so plumped for that.
The room was huge. Contained a full size well furnished living room area which opened into the Queen bedroom. All very comfy.
The star of the show however was the bathroom. Huge and modern with a walk in full size jacuzzi bath that was big enough for 2 in comfort.
Add to that a fantastic breakfast which we had via room service rather than go to the dining room for, and you have a great stay.

If I had to be critical at all it would be with the view from the room. The bedroom and living area area both have smallish windows so dont be expecting to see The Grand Canyon. That said, Newry Canal and Carlingford in the distance aint bad at all.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank TrevorB
Reviewed February 17, 2008

We stayed in one of the new deluxe twin bedrooms. It was immaculate and comfortable. We had fresh fruit awaiting us and there were tea and coffee making facilities. There were also toiletries in the bathroom. The reception staff were friendly and helpful. Although we ate out of the hotel for dinner, we had our Ulster breakfast delivered to our room. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Newry. It is a good 4 star hotel with nice bars, relaxation areas etc.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank KDF4
Reviewed December 31, 2007

We stayed in the penthouse for two nights after getting married nearby. The spa tub was great for relaxing after such a busy week and there was a separate shower too and his and hers sinks.

The sitting area was large and had a TV and then there was another TV in the bedroom area.

It was very spacious and for £200 it was well worth it especially with all the wedding trappings which took up half the room eventually!

There were two stairs to go up which were just for the penthouse so not sure if it would be suitable for those with walking difficulties.

The breakfast was lovely, a fair selection.

The Sunday carvery looked great too. My husband said the meal he had in the restaurant was excellent. The location is very central directly opposite the bus station.

Other guests stayed at the hotel and also had very good things to say about the other rooms. We did not use any of the facilities really as we had things to do outside the hotel but I would recommend the Canal Court.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank blmcconn
Reviewed December 2, 2007

Ive been in this hotel for one day conferences but never stayed over and in the past given its location in the city centre and lack of car parking I never give it much consideration- however - that all changed

I stayed for just one night and I have to say I was very impressed with the staff, the rooms, the food and overall an excellent experience. The hotel has a bit of a strange layout but is very clean and the staff are excellent. I have specail dietary requirements and they could not do enough to help me.

I had a large bedroom with kingsize bed with views of the town. I didnt manage to get to the gym but i heard it was excellent as well.

Overall this was a really nice surprise and would have no problem going back or recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank BrendanB
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newry
Mourne Country Hotel
The Whistledown Hotel
#1 of 3 in Warrenpoint
10 mi away
Ballymascanlon House Hotel

Been to Canal Court Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!