“Cant Wait to go back to Canal Court”

Canal Court Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Newry
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This was my second trip to Canal Court with my mother, sister and daughter. We visited in January for mothers 80th birthday when they treated her like a princess, birthday banner and flowers in her room, birthday cake after dinner. This time we spent an afternoon in the spa, hot tub, cream tea and then facials all round. We were all a bit shocked when the 80 year old emerged looking 20 years younger. Seriously, this is a lovely hotel. After a period of serious ill health my mother was diagnosed with coeliac disease. Canal Court staff made sure that each meal was a pleasure. The rooms are huge, the beds are comfortable and the entertainment is fab. I can't wait to visit again!

1  Thank C0c0andc0
Write a ReviewReviews (1,040)

Reviewed July 26, 2013

My family and I have stayed at the Canal Court a few times over the last few years. We are planning our trip back for January 2014. I can not say anything but great things about the Canal Court. There were 6 of us in our party (2 were children) and the front desk girls were wonderful. They new all our names and helped us in anyway we needed. The food was great for every meal we ate there. I am so looking forward to our trip in January, even though we can stay with family the experience we have had at the Canal Court makes us not want to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2013

we have gone twice and really enjoyed,very close to shopping centres,great entertainment in hotel and as for food --fantastic, believe owner has farm and supplies his own beef,received birthday card recently from hotel who offered free wine and upgrade if i booked in july, stagg very helpful,will be going back soon,

Room Tip: all rooms are spacious so enjoy
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2013

o my self and my sister had a wonderfull time in the hotel .we only paid 109pounds for a 2 nite stay ,,we got b and b and 1 evening meal ..the food was lovely ..we had rost beef ,,it was like cotten wool .and all the goddies after our dinner the staff are so nice .and so is donna at reception ..she is very helpfull ..as all the girls ..patrck a very nice man ..he got 1 of the staff 2 carry our bags over 2 the bus stop ..not many hotels would do that for you ..we be back in november ..as it will only cost us 109pounds for 2 night b ana b .and 1 evening meal ...plus 1 free nite ..yippi

Room Tip: if you smoke room 111 ..great view
1  Thank kathleen k
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Just back from my 3rd stay at this well run, well serviced & welcoming hotel. I was the guest at my 14yr old daughters request. The new manager Sean has put a very welcoming spirit to the hotel. He is very present within the hotel, and his charming manner makes him very approachable. The extra touches for the birthday girl - banner on the door, dessert plate, and brilliant service by Bernie in the restaurant, made it very memorable. The staff from reception, bar, restaurant, service & leisure complex are all very friendly & helpful. Since I was last here (or maybe I only discovered it), the new hot tub on the roof is fab - cherry on the cake moment! Thriving hotel, and the staff work hard to keep it running seamlessly. Will return again, and again.

Room Tip: Great room 222, meant party noise did not reach us.
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Trivial complaint I know but we have eaten at the restaurant in Canal Court several times and always been totally satisfied. On this occasion we had steaks which I have to say were gorgeous and all cooked to each persons liking. As a lover of mushrooms I ordered them as a side order but was so disappointed as they appeared to be tinned mushrooms warmed up and were disgusting to say the least and at £3.25 a total rip off. The portion of chips were a very very small portion for £3.25. I feel the main dishes should at least include 1 side order included in the price. Only a little disappointed as will definitely be returning for a lovely steak. I have to say the staff are absolutely fantastic and very efficient.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I attended a wedding here recently. The event overall was pretty good. The staff were very friendly, attentive, and eager to please even if their professionalism was a little short of the mark.

The food for the wedding reception was also pretty impressive. Generally I never expect too much from mass catered event food, but on this occasion it was well prepared, tasty, and seemed fresh. It exceeded expectations.

Front desk staff were efficient. We were given an upgraded room which helped with two children. The rooms, about which I had heard good reports impressed. Don't get me wrong, this place is not the Savoy, but the rooms are spacious and well equipped, although a little tired and in need of attention. The bathroom was pretty claustrophobic as well and the fan didn't function correctly.

Breakfast was more than acceptable, although the dining room was a little chaotic and cramped.

Overall, good value and certainly you get what you expect, which in itself is a big win these days.

Recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newry
Mourne Country Hotel
The Whistledown Hotel
#1 of 3 in Warrenpoint
10 mi away
Ballymascanlon House Hotel

Been to Canal Court Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!