“Great Night Out!!!!”

Canal Court Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Newry
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Just spent last nite in the Canal Court Hotel on a great offer of dinner bed & breakfast all I can say is...FIRST CLASS!! The staff, the food and entertainment were all great. Definitely will return soon to try out their spa facilities. Very busy hotel, lots going on and staff seem to cope really well, reception staff extremely pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I was here 2 years ago and i found that the hotel was good very helpful staff, brilliant location, but the food though plenty wasnt brilliant, but that has changed for the better,i was there on friday night with my family and the food was EXCELLENT, we had starters, excellent, then the main course, excellent and then of course we got greedy and had desserts and coffee excellent.. the staff from the reception to the waiting staff were brilliant,any question i asked them they were extremely helpfu,l the waiter in the morning was lovely(i think from cork), nothing was too much for him. the hotel is near 2 big shopping centres, which i like as i love to shop. i have to say i will be back. the hotels have good deals too.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank martymod
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel for the last 4 years twice a year. We have always had a great experience here at this hotel. The reason we are in Newry is that they hold the Irish rowing trials nearby on the fabulous Newry Canal. From the minute you make the reservation you get a personalised service. I cannot fault the staff for their courtesy and friendliness. Today was an exceptional day. I had a problem with my door window in my CAR. It would not close...and there was a lot of rain today.... Well after a lot of heaving and trying to contact different sources without a resolve...... SINEAD in reception sorted it all out. She is a great girl. She was fantastic even getting a black bag and celotape to cover the window temporarily....along with telephoning for us when our mobiles did not work..keeping it all together for us....and my god were we stressed. All we could think of was the the five hour drive back to Cork. She even rang us in our room to tell us relax and not to feel pressurised to vacate the room...have a cup of tea. It is lovely to feel you can rely on staff at a hotel environment. Sinead was exceptional in her role today for us..
Thank You,m Sinead form Colette and Leonie Hamel, Cork, South of Ireland.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I couldn't have asked for better. Great service and friendly, down to earth staff' Comfortable clean room. I only uh had the chance to sample the pub food but It was more grand. All in all I couldn't fault the place.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 1, 2013

The hotel is very nicely decorated, plush carpets and swags. Reception is friendly and efficient.The rooms are spacious and clean. Bathrooms have bath and shower over the bath. TV and tea & coffee available but NO fridge. All rooms have an iron and board. The restaurant is bright and airy; the food and service is very good. The wine list has good choices, cheapest is a reasonable £13.95. Our stay included a meal on one evening so I didn't pay any attention to menu prices. I had goats cheese to start and salmon and scallops as main, both were delicious. We were on the second floor and it was quiet except for a couple of drunks at 2am. The hotel is easy to find and in the middle of a range of shops which is why we had a problem with parking; the car park is not monitored or supervised and therefore on Saturday when we returned from a day out we could not get parked as the parking was full of shoppers. Didn't use the spa, just the pool and gym. Both clean and staff are friendly. Definitely a hotel to be recommended, 4 star instead of 5 because they need to sort out parking.

Room Tip: 224, 226 etc overlook the car park instead of the busy main road.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Genepy
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed here recently on a business trip. I have also stayed here on business some years ago too. The good standard of the hotel is consistent. The staff are friendly, helpful and very chatty. They really make you feel welcome. The rooms are large, spacious and comfortable. The decor of the hotel has a warm aspect to it. The bar is lovely and you do feel comfortable in there as a woman travelling by herself. I used the gym and found this fine. The breakfast is really tasty but I thought the bar meal was only OK. Food at the bar finished at 7.30 pm which I did find strange. I would have thought it would have carried on to about 9pm. Unfortunately, I have never had the opportunity to explore the local area yet but the hotel does seem very central. I would stay here again and would consider using this hotel as a base for a holiday. It is very comfortable and relaxing. My only quibble would be that the air conditioning seems to make some very strange noises and I did have a bit of a disturbed night's sleep.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank youmeandsun
Reviewed January 21, 2013

was in the canal court earley .december on a xmas shopping trip .we had a great time done plenty of shopping and got great bargains in the shops .hotal was done up lovely for the xmas foor was great ,,,and have 2 say thank 2 ,,donna as she had a birthday banner on my room door ,,cant wait 2 go back for ,,,easter shopping .

Room Tip: room 111 is great if you smoke it at the front of hotel
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newry
Carrickdale Hotel
Ramada Resort Dundalk
#5 of 8 in Dundalk
Ballymascanlon House Hotel
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk

Been to Canal Court Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!