Canal Court Hotel & Spa
$135
$123
  • Breakfast included
1,063 results
All reviewsjacuzzi bathgranary barambassador suitebus stationbar foodfirst classlovely hotelleisure centreold millcarvery lunchhen partywould recommend this hotel to anyonesteakwedding receptioncouldn't do enoughfew drinkssaturday night
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed in the canal court for a friends hen night - and staff couldn't do anything more for us.

Throughout the organising of the night, the hotel staff were friendly, and accommodated any changes that were made to our bookings, being increases in rooms, cancelling rooms, changing doubles to triples etc etc. we also booked a table for 14 at the last minute, and again, this was no problem, and an area of the cocktail bar was reserved for us, giving us a bit of privacy but not shutting us off from the rest of the bar. The food was very good - the portions were massive, and reasonably priced. Chicken goujons £8, chicken curry maybe £8.50, chow mein £9.50 and steak sandwich £12.75, including sides orders. This was the bar snack menu, not the restaurant.

Keeping costs down, we went back to our rooms for a few drinks, and although i'm sure that we were more noisy than most, there were no complaints and the staff had no problems with us.

After we went out (to Bellini's for a boogie), we came back to the hotel, and were told that it was more than ok for us to take food from outside the hotel back to our rooms - sounds like a strange request, but for hen parties - essential!!!!

We went to Bellini's for dancing instead of the Millar suite in the Canal Court, simply because sashes/veils etc aren't allowed in the canal court nightclub - but they are allowed in the bar downstairs.

In the morning, breakfast was served to 10.30, we had a variety of food, from fruit salad to apple danishes and cereal before the waitress took our order for cooked breakfasts. The only niggle we had was the waitress wasn't overly friendly, but she was working on a Sunday morning i suppose. 4 of us ordered mini fries. One friend didn't want any egg so we asked if this could be put on another plate. The waitress hesitated, and we think she was about to say it would cost us, but we just asked her to give everyone the eggs, and moved them when the breakfast came down.

Atfter breakfast, we went for a swim - the leisure complex is fantastic. like all good pools, swimcaps were essential. water was just the right temperature, and jacuzzi was divine.

Checkout was at 12.

Would definately go back, except for the fact that we only live about 10 minutes from the hotel, it was a bit of indulgence staying over for the hen!! absolutely fabulous.

We paid £45 each, and had 3 rooms, 2 triples and 1 quad. the beds were v comfortable, and huge. The showers were lovely, and needless to say, the rooms were spotless.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 15, 2011

my son,s first holy communion was celebrated in the canal court, i found the service professional and friendly, the food was amazing, and the whole day was very special, although it,s the personal touch they gave to my child and the thoughtful gifts and offers that will rate the canal court hotel first class. thank you to all the staff for everything.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank amandaNewry
DeborahNewry, General Manager at Canal Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2011

Many thanks for your review & I am delighted to hear that your Son's first communion with us was an enjoyable event. It is very nice to get feedback and I will ensure that the management & staff are made aware of your kind comments.
Once again many thanks & we do hope to welcome you back to the Hotel for many more events.

Reviewed April 27, 2011

Had a very good time in the canal court very good staff, the bar service was excellent and reception was 100 0/0, very clean, a proper high street hotel. But I'm sorry to say one thing let you down and let me down, breakfast, it was raw all of it, I know the cook has to make it last till 10am but when you want to get on the road early an uncooked breakfast is just wrong. I'm sorry but that is what stay with me. Everything else was great.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank johnnygmeath
DeborahNewry, General Manager at Canal Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2011

Dear Guest

Many Thanks for your review & I am very concerned by your comments regarding breakfast I would very much appreciate if you could contact me regarding this. Our Restaurant serves a cooked breakfast every day & these are prepared and cooked fresh not held hot or buffet style. For this reason all the items should have been cooked to a set standard unless items are requested in a particular way i.e crispy, well done, egg turned etc.
I can assure you that what you appear to have received is not the standard which we endeavour to provide and I sincerely apologise that this occurred. I look forward to discussing the matter with you further.

dferguson@canalcourthotel.com

Reviewed April 20, 2011

Staff on reception were Very friendly and helpful and informative. the service at meal times were polite and courtious and smiling at all times.
The rooms were spaciousand well equipped ie. coffee, hairdryer and ironing facility,
The location is very central and close to all amenities and shopping centres.
It was the best hotel we stayed in.

Room Tip: front rooms are best
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank buttons2906

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your review & we are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay. I do hope you have the opportunity to return many times and if you would be interested in our rewarding loyalty programme please do email me on dferguson@canalcourthotel.com.

Many Thanks & I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 5, 2011

stayed in the canal court all i can say it is a fantastic hotel staff very friendly and courteous and very helpfull rooms very great loads of comfort and warm i would highly recomment this hotel to any one it was a pleasure to stay will be back again very soon

Room Tip: it is a must
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple