“great hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Newry
dundalk
“great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2011

stayed in the canal court all i can say it is a fantastic hotel staff very friendly and courteous and very helpfull rooms very great loads of comfort and warm i would highly recomment this hotel to any one it was a pleasure to stay will be back again very soon

Room Tip: it is a must
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gerryDundalk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Polish first
nothern ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2011

Arrived back yesterday from a short stay at the Canal Court Hotel, I had an absolute ball. The check in Staff were really nice, very pleasant girls. The hotel room was really gorgeous room 406, queen size bed, robes, 50 inch television, mini bar, large jacuzzi bath. Temperature control room, iron and ironing board. Reallly there is nothing I can think of in a negative way. Dinner was included in the price, catering staff really nice. At night time the bar is busy with a lot of young ones, we didn't make it to the nightclub as we were too tired :(. Breakfast really nice, check out girl Donna couldn't be more helpful. Well done to the Canal Court Hotel, I will be returning asap. Couldn't fault a thing they are doing a brilliant job!

Room Tip: There is a loyalty program within the hotel
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank doodles72
DeborahNewry, General Manager at Canal Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 5, 2011
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your lovely review & kind comments. I am delighted your stay was a relaxing & enjoyable occassion & we look forward to your return.
Many Thanks

Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2011

Rooms leave a lot to be desired in ambiance, this is attributed to the poor taste in bedding, draperies, and furnishings. For the price paid I have stayed in 5 star resorts in LUXURY. The hotel lobby is pleasing to the eye with a sense of old charm, but you are not sleeping in the lobby. The one thing they are doing right is the food, fantastic meals in the Granary Bar either off the menu or through the served buffet. I would recommend going in for a meal but staying somewhere else. Canal Court employees are very good in their positions to the point of being efficient at the expense of giving you a warm welcome feeling.The Hotel rating should not be 4 stars, it is really only a 3 charging rates of a 5.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Thunder747
DeborahNewry, General Manager at Canal Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 24, 2011
Dear Guest

I am extremely dissappointed by your recent experience & would be truly grateful if you would consider contacting me or forwarding me your contact details to discuss your stay further. The hotel is constantly maintained and decorated and I appreciate that the olde world style is not to everyone's taste but I am very concerned that you felt your stay was overpriced or that you did not receive a very warm welcome from all staff. I would be extremely grateful if you could make contact with me by either phone or email as I would be delighted to speak with you regarding your stay.
Many Thanks
dferguson@canalcourthotel.com
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2011

Freindly staff, good food, ideal location. Will stay again, and would recommend!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DeborahNewry, General Manager at Canal Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 27, 2011
Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback & it is a pleasure to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Canal Court Hotel in the near future & we do hope you join our rewarding loyalty programme to avail of treats for future stays.

Many Thanks & Kind Regards
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2011

I arrived with business colleagues and the receptionist really set the tone at check-in. Very friendly and warm. Professional without any air of snobbery that you sometimes find. All the staff from the lady vacuuming the staircase to the staff in the bars and restaurants were just splendid.
I had a double room, which was very spacious and spotlessly clean, although I found the decor rather dull. I suppose it was just down to my taste. I had a drab canal view, but Newry wouldn't be the most scenic of towns. ( Not the hotels fault).
Free car-parking on site was excellent.
I ate breakfast, lunch and dinner in the restaurant. All 3 meals were exceptional in quality. I can't rate the food highly enough....just wonderful.
While I find it hard to think of a reason to visit Newry, it would be harder to think of a reason not to visit the Canal Court. I will definitely relish my next visit.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DeborahNewry, General Manager at Canal Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 19, 2011
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your kind feedback & I do hope you do have the opportunity to stay with us again in the near future. If I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime.
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2011

Stayed one nite with 3 friends. It was a get together after one of us got married. We got one nite bed, breakfast, 2 course dinner and a full body massage.. Perfect. Hotel really clean, reception staff were really friendly. Food excellent big portions and very reasonable.. The cocktail bar was great on a saturday nite to sit and drink in. Breakfast next morning was great. Def recommend it and will be back again. Friends have book it since we came back.

P,s location great to the shops and also other bars in Newry..

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest
Many thanks for your feedback & I am delighted you all had a great time. The New Cocktail Bar is a lovely location for a girlie night out, a bite to eat & some yummy cocktails, so I do hope you get the chance to come back & enjoy again sometime soon.
If I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime on dferguson@canalcourthotel.com.
cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2011

We went on a two night stay in the hotel and we loved everything about it. The staff were so friendly and helpful, We had our dinner in the hotel both nights and food was excellent. We will definately go back.
Máire Healy

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DeborahNewry, General Manager at Canal Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 28, 2011
Dear Ms Healy

Many thanks for your review & kind comments. We do aim to ensure all guests have an enjoyable & relaxing experience with excellent food & service and I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us. We do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future & if we can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime.
Miss Deborah Ferguson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newry
Carrickdale Hotel
#5 of 8 in Dundalk
The Whistledown Hotel
The Whistledown Hotel
#1 of 3 in Warrenpoint

Been to Canal Court Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!