“The Oak Tree ???”

The Oak Tree Restaurant Mayobridge Golf Club
Ranked #14 of 118 Restaurants in Newry
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Oak Tree Restaurant at Mayobridge Golf Club is a family owned business, it offers our customers top quality food in a beautiful countryside location. A little bit about our team. Our Head Chef Chris Gribben joined the team in December 2016 and his dishes are well all about the taste, he uses the best quality local beef, poultry and fish to create an array of beautiful dishes. Our Sous Chef Sean Chambers has a superb knowledge of ingredients and how to cook them that belies his youthful age, he has been part of the team for over 4 years, this young chef continues to gather a wealth of skills ,experience and confidence from his new mentor Chris.
London, United Kingdom
“The Oak Tree ???”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We recently had a Ruby Anniversary party in the Oak Tree restaurant. What an amazing evening! The staff gave first class service, the food was first class and the ambience fantastic. Cosy and warm, perfect for a lovely evening out at a great price.
For all our years living in London and having the variety of restaurants on our doorstep, this evening out shone them all!

If you find yourself near Banbridge or Newry, even from Belfast, its only down the road - this is a must to visit, and if you fancy a game of golf, its available on the doorstep with stunning views. What more do you want?
Thanks guys
Giuseppe&Janine

• Visited October 2012

“First Class”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Thank you all so much for a beautiful meal, my dear mother, sister and I shared with you today. I rang this morning and booked and happened to mention its mammy's birthday, so after we had eaten our beautiful food, she received her desert with a candle and happy birthday. She was so touched at this lovely thoughtful gesture. We dine here regularly, and it is a joy to come each Sunday and have our seat at the window overlooking the lovely golf course. It really is a haven of tranquility and a diner's delight. Well done once again. All of you are a wonderful asset and deserve well done one and all.

• Visited September 2012
“Surprised and Delighted!”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

From the minute I walked into this place I was surprised and delighted.

Firstly, we were seated in the bar in beautiful surroundings with views of the golf course, presented with menus and a wine list. We ordered our food and had a drink in the lounge, only to be brought to the table for our starters which were brought out immediately and were piping hot. My wife had the Goats Cheese Rissotto, I had the Chilli Beef in a Poppadom bowl, both were delicious, very fresh and tasty.

My wife followed with the Pesto Baked Chicken, I had the Roast Duck which is cooked to order and I had medium with a slight pinkness. Everything from the accompanying creamy garlic potatoes to the red cabbage stack was delicious, rich and flavoursome and again you can taste the freshness of the ingredients. My wife raved also about the chicken which was in a red wine passato.

Desert was a stretch too far, there was plenty in a starter and main, but we did get to taste the pavalova which was light and fluffy and the white chocolate and baileys cheesecake which was very nice indeed.

We had a bottle of Pinot Grigio, and all in £66 including a pre dinner Guinness, I left a very happy man.

I have to mention the service, really attentive, warm, professional and knowledgeable about the menus and wines. I can't recommend this place enough.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank collibhoy
“Fantastic”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Go off the beaten track and you will find a hidden gem :-) well worth the visit we thoroughly enjoyed our visit

• Visited February 2012
“Amazing again”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This place is a gem we have been going there for a long time service and food amazing congrats to all involved

• Visited July 2012