“brilliant”
Review of Art Bar Funkel

Art Bar Funkel
Ranked #2 of 128 Restaurants in Newry
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: BT35 6BB www.artbarfunkel.com
Reviewed November 13, 2012

me and my girlfriend are regular customers. and we have our favorites but all in all its the best restaurant in mourne area.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was our second time eating here and we were not disappointed. As foodies go we were delighted with our selection of tapa style food. There is still a great range of dishes to choose from.
I would recommend the chicken wings, prawn & chorizo and lamb kebabs. The food has a real fresh and authentic taste.
The staff were very hospitable and I loved the Ned wine. Thanks for recommending it :)

Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is the first time i have posted a review on a restaurant on Trip Advisor but I just wanted to remind people to always read the owners responses before forming an opinion ! I went for dinner with two friends last week and had a lovely meal. The staff were very friendly , helpful and attentive. This is the second time that I have visited the restaurant ,the food was great both times and very reasonably priced. I disagree completely with the lady that complained about the Calamari and I was delighted to see that the owner took the time to answer her ' complaints ' . The staff were very busy both times I ate there but they managed to maintain very efficient service in a relaxed atmosphere - a clear sign of how much hard work is going on behind the scenes!! Trip Advisor is very useful for looking up phone numbers and names of restaurants but when reading reviews just remember that there are lots of people out there who love to moan for the sake of it !!!! Some of the negative comments that these people write are just rubbish . I hope the owners open some similar restaurants in others towns in Northern Ireland !

1  Thank Miss6619
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Coming out of a show in the Arts Centre, we thought we had no chance of getting a meal in town but on phoning Art Barfunkels we were delighted to get a table for four at 10pm. The staff were very welcoming and the service was excellent. There was a great buzz in the restaurant even at that time. We shared the antipasti starter which was plentiful for four. My favourite dish was the chicken wings, which were lovely and spicy but all of the dishes were so tasty. Loved the chocolate fondue dessert too! All in all I would recommend Art Barfunkels if your looking for tasty food in a relaxed and friendly environment. Looking forward to going back!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

My wife and I went here for a meal to celebrate our anniversary. We had been before and both liked it so we thought we'd make an evening of it.

We were greeted very nicely when we arrived and shown straight to our table. The girl who served us was very attentive without being pushy, when she heard we'd been before she just let us get on with choosing what we wanted.

The food was top notch, and four large dishes between 2 people is definitely enough, along with a starter it left us too full for a dessert!

All in all, we'll definitely be back, thanks for a lovely evening.

1  Thank Stefan P