“So very Friendly”
Review of Tan y Graig

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Meifod
Tan y Graig
Ranked #1 of 1 Meifod B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Eleri is the epitome of hospitality. Tan y Craig itself is very comfortable, scrupulously clean and well equipped and in a good location for the undiscovered delights of Mid-Wales. Eleri goes beyond the call of duty in making her guests welcome and comfortable. Beds are comfortable and lovely towels. Breakfasts outstanding.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gareth1048

Reviewed July 5, 2012

We arrived soaking wet after a day's walk.We were given places to dry clothes and a place by the Aga for boots.The room was comfortable,amenities good.We had a delicious,generously portioned dinner with wine.Eleri,our host went to a lot of trouble to meet my vegan diet ,having found out what was needed beforehand.The next day,after a handsome breakfast and a generously sized packed lunch,Eleri went the extra mile,literally,and took us to the start of our walk.Highly recommended.

Room Tip: all good rooms
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank bigbirdtravels
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We stayed at Tan y Craig whilst on the way to Lake Vyrnwy. Eleri was most hospitable and welcoming. Our room was clean, bright and very welcoming. The breakfast the following morning was excellent. We would highly recommend staying here and hope to return in the future.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Keith D
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Comfortable accommodation; good food; warm welcome and comprehensive information on local amenities and activities. A charming family and a thoroughly enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Shups186361
Reviewed June 11, 2011

Unfortunately, owing to unavoidable circumstances at the last minute, I had to cancel the booking for myself and my son and daughter on the morning of the day we were due to arrive. Tan Y Graig used my visa card details I had given to them when making a depost, to take the full balance of the £180 cost of the stay from my bank account. This policy to claim the full payment was apparently in their terms and conditions, but these were never sent to me and or explained at the time when I made the booking. I would have been more than happy to pay reasonable recompense for our non-stay had they asked it, but the money for the full balance was taken from my account without warning or my consent. I would advise anyone considering staying here to make sure you see the terms and conditions before commiting your bank account details to Tan Y Graig B&B.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Caro616275
Reviewed April 6, 2011

This B&B is actually called Tan y Graig, not Tan Y Craig. ( It's all to do with Welsh rules of mutation). We had a warm Welsh welcome from Eleri. We were walking the Glyndwr way, she came to collect us from the village centre. We had an excellent supper, and breakfast. Our twin room was smart, clean and comfortable. Tan y Graig was an excellent place to recover from a day's walking, and fuel up for the next day.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Pwy
Reviewed April 5, 2010

My wife and I together with my in-laws stayed at the Tan Y Craig for one night on the 27th March. We were welcomed with open arms by Eleri and made most welcome. The B&B and Eleri are gems... the views from the bedrooms of the countryside and gardens are fantastic. The rooms themselves are well appointed and you want for nothing. As we did not know the area we stayed for the evening meal that was delicious and very filling.. and the lemon slice was the die for!!!! Breakfast was just as nice, full english, or should i say Welsh!! together with toast made from Eleri's own homemade bread. We had a wonderful time though it was short and would not hesitate to stay again or recommend it to others.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Dave358

Been to Tan y Graig? Share your experiences!