4,000 results
All reviewsasian woknorth sidesunset barour waitersunset cruisewhale sharksfishjacuzzi water villaroom boysea planevilamendhoo islandmini barall inclusive packagehot rockgarden villacurriesour honeymoon
Reviewed August 12, 2018

Our first time ever going to Maldives and We celebrated our anniversary here at Villamendoo with our 2 teenage daughters. As soon as we arrived of the sea plane a warm welcome was there.
We stayed in a beach front villa and I loved sitting on the deck watching the sea with my coffee every morning.
The food was delicious every day and night. Our server looked after us and even had or drinks ready he knew us that well. Rooms cleaned every day and mini bar stocked up. My husband done the weeks diving and loved it. Me and children snorkelled everyday & wow what an Experience.
We celebrated our anniversary at the spa with a honeymoon package it was that good I went back and had an oriental massage which I highly recommend. Also the bbq beach dinner with live singer was very romantic.

Overall an amazing place and will defiantly return.

2  Thank Nomad64361
CCRMaldives, General Manager at Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa for your first trip to the tropical paradise of the Maldives islands and for sharing your special family occasion with us!

It was indeed with pleasure reading through your review, highlighting your appreciation of our comfortable Beach Villas, delicious food, caring team and excellent Duniye Spa treatments.

I was also excited to read about your fantastic snorkeling and diving experiences amid our magnificent underwater world. Vilamendhoo is truly blessed to have such a fantastic house reef, which is considered among the best in the Maldives.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again one day for another memorable family holiday in paradise. Please do not hesitate to contact us future bookings directly at reservations@vilamendhoo.com- our team will be delighted to be of assistance.

Reviewed August 12, 2018

My husband and I spent 11 nights at Vilamendhoo, and had our wedding ceremony on this stunning island.

The island itself is beautiful, the local reef excellent and we had many chances to explore the beautiful nature and wildlife on and surrounding the island.

The hotel arranged a beautiful wedding ceremony for us that was truly special.

The staff are extremely friendly and provide excellent service. Specifically, Fathima who was our contact in terms of preparing and implementing our wedding ceremony. She was extremely detail oriented, helpful and lovely.

We had several servers in the restaurants (specifically Inaash), kitchen staff (Priyantha) and bar staff (Shagib) from Sunset Bar who were incredibly friendly, entertaining and provided excellent service.

Our room boy Solah was also extremely accommodating, friendly, attentive and taught us a lot about the Maldives and their culture.

We stayed in a Jacuzzi water villa which I highly recommend! The adult-only area of the island was beautiful, quiet and very relaxing. The pool and bar area were fantastic and the island was very quiet and did not feel crowded, though we were told the resort was at 94% capacity when we arrived.

We had a fantastic stay at this resort on this beautiful island. We would highly recommend it!!

Room Tip: The jacuzzi water villas are amazing - so private, peaceful and a great spot to see local wildlife like manta rays just from your balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Miri F
CCRMaldives, General Manager at Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Miri F,

Sunny greetings from Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa and thank you for this kind review, full of emotion and sweet memories!

We are sincerely happy that you have experienced such heartfelt moments of surprise and endearment, and our team was there to make your milestone occasion truly unforgettable.

It was with pleasure to also read that you have thoroughly enjoyed the comfort of our charming adult-only Jacuzzi Water Villas, providing indeed the most romantic and serene setting for the couple’s getaway of your dreams.

We hope to have the pleasure welcoming you and your husband back for more romantic holidays in the future! Until we meet again, do stay in touch with us directly for any future booking queries at reservations@vilamendhoo.com.

Reviewed August 10, 2018

At first I had review on 13 June regarding our reservation need to be postponed due to my mum was in the hospital. Without any help from Agoda and at that time the hotel said they can't do anything I need to go back to Agoda. After I reviewed here, I got mail from Daniel Reprecht Director of Operations to solve all the problem. The hotel keep what I paid as deposit and allow me to change the date directly with them. So thank you once again and really appreciated it.

So no we we just came back from Vilamendhoo here some things would be helpful for those who are coming or planning to stay here.

The island & the room
First I think there will be crowded because they have a lot of rooms on the Island so I was wrong. The island itself very quite and clean. Room just renovated in my opinion (quite new) but I didn't ask anyone. I suggested stay in JBV or JWV is much better because they are in adult only zone. But for the family beach or garden villa has wide beach for children. I also do prefer stay in JBV because room is quite big, comfortable, clean and close to restaurants, bar and pool. If it your first time, you can stay in water villa either.

Food and drinks
I'm on AIP so don't need to worry much just eat, drinks, sleep repeatedly. The food is varieties but less of Asian food but it's ok because they have fresh chilli provided. Fruits are fresh and plenty rather than my previous stay in other resorts. They quite limited of fruits per person even all inclusive package. The drinks is also variety but I'm not alcoholic person so I pass it. The cakes also yummy and change every meals.

Staffs
Thanks to Nichad who look after us in the Restaurant. He is polite and helpful also the rest of Restaurant staff as well. The reception (couldn't remember the name) but she is good, explaining all the details needed for our stay. Specially thanks to Asjad who meet us at the airport on departure date. He is very nice, friendly, helpful. Couldn't be more happier with the crew for "Marina" boat for Whale shark excursions( 6 August 2018) They are so so good, trying hard to find the whale shark, given us all instructions, look after us very well. Thump up for these guys on that day

Excursions
Please read carefully if you focus on whale shark excursion. We checkin on Sat and leave on Tuesday so only one whale shark trip is Monday trip. We have been told on the checkin day that the trip was full and unfortunately they can't get us on. Really disappointed and we spent 30 mins trying to see if anyone can help us because if the trip is popular so you should advise the guest must pre book before reach the resort to avoid disappointing. The Whaleshark trip is the main purpose of our visit so we try to see the manager or anyone can make the better decision. After that he came back and said they allow us to go as extra person and said that the boat has limited seats so "We must sit on the sundeck" a bit strange to been told like that because we pay for the trip not ask for free excursion. And again just a bit disappointed but at least we can go and saw the whaleshark. And the crew on the boat is great. I also found out on the day that they decided to add one more boat and split in 2 boats so what I'm fighting for and lucky that we don't need to sit on the sundeck.

House Reef
We are snorkelling people and have been snorkelling many places around the world. I could say that house Reef here is one of my best 3. If you love snorkelling you won't be disappointed. I won't talk about the coral because it's bleaching around the world. They are plenty of fishes, they are friendly as well. I saw sharks, turtles and a lot of fishes along the house Reef. The exit point is located well and easy to go in and out. Comparing to Lily Beach Resort nearby Vilamendhoo is better in organising the house Reef snorkelling instructions. 4 days 3 nights is still not enough for snorkelling so I will be back for sure.

Overall
They are big island with well management in all aspects. They set up everything so well such as Restaurants, bars, pools especially adult only zone. For honeymoon couples still romantic for you guys for sure. First time staying beach villa in Maldives for me (3 times in water villa) so I will change to stay in beach villa from now. Another thing I love Vilamendhoo is how clean of the island, staff friendly and respectful. Activities are plenty so recommended to stay at least one week. Thank you everyone who make our holiday in Maldives so great and comfortable. We will come back again for sure.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi beach and Jacuzzi water villa
Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
4  Thank Happy0il
Reviewed August 9, 2018

Vilamendhoo was like a dream!! Everything was just perfect. Didn’t want to leave!!! Would highly recommend the Ocean Discovery trip, the Asian Wok for a special meal, yoga on the beach, a Balinese massage in the gorgeous spa and all the delicious food. We will be back!!! Thank you Vilamendhoo for a wonderful holiday!! Highly recommended.

2  Thank JKMBTouring
CCRMaldives, General Manager at Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Dear JKMBTouring,

Thank you for being our guests recently and for wholeheartedly recommending Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa to fellow travelers!

We are most delighted to know you have left with precious memories of your dream-like experience with us in tropical paradise and look forward to welcoming you and your lovely family back in the nearest future!

Until we meet again, we remain at your disposition for future bookings at reservations@vilamendhoo.com.

Reviewed August 9, 2018

Great place - beautiful and clean. Staff was very friendly and courteous. We were disappointed that we were unable to see whale sharks on a snorkeling excursion, but other than that, we had a great time.

2  Thank jcarnal

Dear jcarnal,

Thank you kindly for sharing this review of your recent stay at Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa this summer!

We are glad that you have had an enjoyable time indulging in the barefoot pleasures available at our resort, highlighted by the indeed remarkable service of our dedicated staff.

It is lovely that you have also opt in for one of our great value-for-money Whale Sharks Excursions. As you have aptly experienced, however, spotting these beautiful creatures is not guaranteed to happen at each trip.

Thank you for being our guests and we look forward to welcoming you back to our little piece of paradise, Vilamendhoo, for another great vacation. For future reservations, please do not hesitate to reach at reservations@vilamendhoo.com.