3,996 results
All reviewsasian woknorth sidesunset barour waitersunset cruisewhale sharksfishjacuzzi water villaroom boysea planevilamendhoo islandmini barall inclusive packagehot rockgarden villacurriesour honeymoon
Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

Beginning of our stay was excellent! However some few horrible service can spoil vacation mood at the same time.
First of all yesterday morning me and my husband rented fins for one day 6$ per person, they told us return it by 6pm. So we was fine with that... However weather changed suddenly, rainfall started, wind and our room is the last Water Villa next to the reefs, it's kinda far from island, we couldn't even go out, so we decided give back fins early morning, as weather condition was disaster. Also we was waiting for our luggages for 2 hours, we didn't complain, we totally understand that it's because of the weather. By 7pm we went to the dinner, it was still raining like a shower, and just imagine after dinner, we walked all the way back to our room and find out that room key doesn't work, no problem with that, it happens with most of the hotels, so we informed housekeeper about that, he said that receptionist will bring new keys... We waited, waited, waited... literally 38 minutes! It was dark, rainy,and windy!!! So we couldn't wait more we decided walk all this way from the last water Villa till the reception which is in the middle of the island...
When we went o reception and informed him that waiting for almost 40 minutes for the key, he just gave us new keys without any apology! At least fake it!
Not end of the story, so let's back to the fins. After breakfast around 9 am we went to the diving center to return fins, they changed for 2 days rent... We tried to explain situation, that couldn't bring them before 6pm, as it's not possible walk outside at this kind of weather, and we didn't use it today... I felt like they don't want even understand, make it exception... Just No No No!!! Staff run inside of the office call someone, I don't understand even why, we didn't argue, and it's not even because of the money, we just tried explain situation. Person name Antuan show up, without introduce himself asked "how may I help you!?" So I explain him why I bring the fins today in the morning not yesterday, so he was like "It doesn't matter which kind of weather condition was at that time, you could bring it!" I asked make exceptions as I bring it early morning and didn't even use it second day, he was so cold "No exceptions!" My husband and me not this type of people who will argue because of the money, we paid... Just for the information for those who planning come to this island... Better think twice, as here No empathy!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Aidana_18
CCRMaldives, General Manager at Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2017

Dear Aidana_18,

Sunny greetings from Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa!

We truly appreciate you taking some of your valuable time to share the feedback of your stay with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience. We take pride in offering our guests warm, friendly and attentive service and I regret to read, that this was not your experience.

Please rest assured that I have noted your concerns and I will be discussing this with my team for improvement, going forward.

Thank you once again, for your feedback.

Reviewed September 5, 2017

We had an amazing time. The staff were just fantastic, food was brilliant and island just beautiful! The spa was calming and treatment was perfect. I have been to many beautiful places in the world, but the Maldives and Vilamendhoo were just stunning!

We will be back again!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Josue P,

Sunny greetings from Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa!

Thank you for making Vilamendhoo your Maldivian destination of choice and for your excellent review.

I am delighted to read, that you enjoyed so much of what Vilamendhoo has to offer. Namely, our warm & friendly service, our delicious cuisine and relaxing treatments from our award-winning Duniye Spa.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our unique tropical Island for another unforgettable vacation.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 4, 2017

Hi, we really enjoy and found the place very nice and well organized. Just one day our Water Villa had an extrange foam around for an hour or so.
I suggest that you provide the water as courtesy also on the full board of provide fountain by the swimming pools.. .. it was expensive and complicate to have this drink for those of on not all included.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family

Dear Celebracion_Familiar,

Sunny greetings from Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa!

Thank you very much for taking your time to pen this review about your holiday here at Vilamendhoo.

Please rest assured that I have noted the concerns that you have mentioned and I will be discussing these with my team for improvement, going forward.

Thank you once again, for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to Vilamendhoo soon. For future reservation, please do not hesitate to reach us by emailing to reservations@vilamendhoo.com.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

My hubby and stayed at JWV with AIP package. We enjoyed swimming and snorkling here. I saw many fishes while I had been snorkling. Unfortunately most corals seem to be dead.

The room is good. The minibar was refilled every day(but not all drinks,i had not received iced tea after first day).The jacuzzi bathtub is perfect. I soaked in the jacuzzi and looked at the stars in the sky at night. The warm water made me refresh.

We ate the buffet at the same restaurant every meal. The staffs at the restaurant are welcome and helpful. The food is okay. We try the new food every day. The staffs at Sunset bar are also good. They always asked me for the drinks I wanted.The sandwiches in snack menu should be improved.It is not delicious. The chicken nugget and noodle cup is good.

The wifi is okay for chat and sharing pictures to social medias, but not for streaming.

It is the nice holiday and good experience for me.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chonladab2016

Dear chonladab2016,

Sunny greetings from Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa!

It is such a pleasure to read, that you had a wonderful holiday with us at Vilamendhoo. Thank you for taking some of your valuable time to share your holiday memories.

We are most delighted to know, that you have enjoyed your stay in our Jacuzzi Water Villas, with easy-access to our lively lagoon, as well as our warm & friendly service. I will certainly share your compliments and thanks with my team for making your stay truly special.

Thank you for mentioning the delicious and varied cuisine from our Buffet Restaurants. Our Executive Chef, Ivan Silk and his team go above and beyond to provide a range of local and international delicacies, freshly prepared for our guests to delight in.

Please rest assured that I have noted your concerns regarding our Room Service menu and the Mini Bar Service. I will be discussing these with my team for further improvement.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, for a chance to provide a memorable holiday, the Vilamendhoo way. Thank you once again, for your kind words.

For future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact us by emailing to reservations@vilamendhoo.com.

Reviewed September 3, 2017

Beach Villa superbly situated a few steps from the pristine house reef. View to a kill
Friendliness of staff -great ..Dining-food EXCELLENT. Discovery sea day trip incredible swam with
whale shark,, mantas, turtles and a great display by the bottle-nose dolphins. AWESOME

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Surendra M

Dear Surendra M,

Sunny greetings from Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa!

We are thrilled to read, that you enjoyed our tropical Beach Villas and the natural beauty of our Island, as well as our easy-access house reef and the diverse marine life.

Indeed, our Ocean Discovery excursion is truly one of the best ways to experience our remarkable Marine Life, filled with more than 150 species of tropical fish, and enjoy a delicious lunch aboard.