4,007 results
All reviewsasian woknorth sidesunset barour waitersunset cruisewhale sharksfishjacuzzi water villaroom boysea planevilamendhoo islandmini barall inclusive packagehot rockgarden villacurriesour honeymoon
Reviewed December 3, 2015

We spent 10 nights in this resort from the 17th November 2015. We did request to change rooms when we were first allocated as we were put in a room where they are trying to expand the beach so had a big concrete block outside us! The next room was a better setting on the other side of the island but if we were to return, I would personally advise choosing a room from 190 onwards as the beachfront was much bigger giving you the option of being in the sand and out. Overall the holiday was very nice - the food choices were varied and good and we did go to the Asian Wok restaurant one night. I would say that whilst the food at the Asian Wok was excellent, the portion sizes are rather on the small side! Given it was so quiet in there if you were given a discount to use it I think more people would. The evening entertainment was also varied and good when we were actually able to stay up late enough to see it! The best thing by far about this holiday was the spa - the girls and the treatments are second to none - I cannot praise Rosita enough for what a great job she does. My husband and I both had a lot of treatments there and the products they used were marvellous - I bought most of them but please please open an o line shop so I can keep using them at home! We did have a couple of issues in regards to room service in that we ran out of silly things like toilet roll and had to ask 3 times for some to be sent and also for beach towels to be changed. One big fault on the island is the overbooking; a lot of people we saw were being put in lower rooms than they had booked due to them overbooking and also the offer of a night on another island was put to us but we chose not to take this up as we were all inclusive and if we'd moved to the alternate island it was on a half board basis! Overall it was a nice relaxing holiday with the best snorkelling I have ever seen - I would definitely recommend this to people and make sure you take your snorkel - we were lucky enough to see the house reef turtle right outside our villa which was a fantastic experience! We also saw eagle manta ray outside the asian wok too amongst the most beautiful array of fish I have ever seen. The wifi does need to be improved - whilst you can connect for free its on a first come first served basis so sometimes you just cannot connect.

Room Tip: I'd recommend rooms 190 onwards in the standard Beach Villa for the best beach front
  • Stayed: November 2015, traveled as a couple
GM_Vilamendhoo, Guest Relations Manager at Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2015

Dear Sianiem1,

Sunny Greetings from Vilamendhoo!

Thank you very much for your extensive feedback. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your vacation with us.
Vilamendhoo has a very good reputation among the guests for the beautiful house reef, good quality food and about our Spa team that always does a wonderful job, be assured that I will share your praise with Rosewita as well.
We do offer the possibility to explore our neighboring resort islands when we have a lot of guests here as well as offering an overnight cruise to our guests which is always based on a voluntary basis and even if the resort doesn’t officially offer all inclusive our guests will still receive all inclusive from us there.
I will certainly inform Housekeeping about the amenities in the room however I am very glad to read that in all other aspects housekeeping was able to fulfill your expectations. Vilamendhoo team is dedicated to improve and keep on providing the best service and facilities we can to our guests.
Thank you for choosing Vilamendhoo as your holiday destination and I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in the future. If we may be of assistance for your bookings please do not hesitate to contact us via reservations@vilamendhooisland.com

Kind regards

Alexandra Ayasse, Guest Service Manager

Reviewed December 1, 2015 via mobile

We went to vilamendhoo to celebrate mine and my wife's birthday.
We spent our honeymoon in Kuredu and we were concerned it may not live up to that amazing time.
How wrong we were.
From arrival we were sent straight to our beach villa, we arrived at the island after a long flight approx 10.30 am and were in our rooms unpacked and changed and in the sea before lunch, we were in 134, my sister in law and her husband had 133 and I would say up to 140 are Probably the best part of the island, next to the Asian wok for a cheeky sunset cocktail but lovely and quiet with plenty of beach.
The buffet restaurant was lovely and something different each night, plenty of choice for everyone including vegetarians.
One night we did the lobster and bubbles meal on the beach which was very beautiful and romantic.
Also well worth booking into the Asian wok for an ala carte meal, food was lovely however seemed a shame not many people used it, I feel if there was 1 meal per stay for all inclusive guests then this may encourage people to return.
The staff were very attentive, our room boy decorated our room beautifully for my wife's 50th
And was cleaned twice a day and minibar restocked.
I see people complained about sand bags and erosion, all I can say is u are on an island that won't be here forever and the staff work tirelessly to keep it going for as long as possible. This won't spoil your enjoyment of the island.
The most amazing thing about vilamendhoo is the house reef, OMG !!! Wow it is amazing, my 3rd trip to the Maldives and by far the best snorkelling you will find.
I would happily return to vilamendhoo the staff the snorkelling the whole experience was amazing.
You will love it.

Stayed: November 2015
5  Thank stuart-mills
GM_Vilamendhoo, Guest Relations Manager at Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2015

Dear angelus999,

Sunny greetings from Vilamendhoo Island Resort and Spa!

Thank you very much for your elaborate and kind review, be assured that I will share this with all our staff and management.

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your honeymoon stay at Kuredo very much and then decided to celebrate your special birthday’s with us at Vilamendhoo and were just as satisfied.

Vilamendhoo has a very good reputation among the guests for the beautiful house reef, good quality food and the warm and friendly service of the hosts, just like you have experienced.

We have very good comments from our guests going to our a la carte restaurant’s Asian Wok and Hot Rock, as well as our special dinners on the beach, where our all inclusive guests still get to use their all inclusive drinks while dining.

angelus999, from your review it is clear that you know our island very well and it will be a pleasure having you back here for snorkeling and wonderful dinners at Asian Wok. Please let us know when you visit us in the future, we will be very happy to welcome you back and please do not hesitate to contact us via reservations@vilamendhooisland.com

Reviewed December 1, 2015

Great views all around. Beautiful clean water with a fantastic fish variety for snorkeling and diving. Some of the better snorkeling I have seen, as there is a house reef and lots of shallow water. Some excellent diving as well with very friendly diving instructors. The food is the best I have had at these 'all inclusive - buffet' places.

Doesn't really matter whether you take a water bungalow or a beach bungalow. the views are great all around. That said the jacuzi in the Jacuzi beahc and water bungalow is a nice way to relay after a long day of not really doing much.

Stayed: May 2015

Dear Pixxidix,

Sunny greetings from Vilamendhoo Island Resort and Spa!

First of all me and our team would like to thank you for your nice review.

Vilamendhoo is certainly known especially well among divers and snorkelers. Our house reef is one of the best in the south ari atoll. It is wonderful that you got to enjoy the big variety of fishes and were amazed by the beauty of our corals.
Also Eurodivers are a very professional and experienced dive center with a very international team and exceptional service.

We are very happy to hear how much you enjoyed our food, as our chef’s try very hard to make all of our guests happy with their very creative menu’s.

Pixxidix, thank you for choosing Vilamendhoo as your recent holiday destination and it will be a pleasure to welcome you back in the future. If we may be of assistance for your bookings please do not hesitate to contact us via reservations@vilamendhooisland.com

Kind regards,

Alexandra Ayaase

Reviewed November 30, 2015

This was or second visit to Vilamendhoo in 12 months and both times it's been an amazing holiday. The location , food , rooms and staff are all fantastic but the highlight is the island itself as it has the best beach and snorkelling that we've encountered in 9 previous visits to the Maldives , the sealife is spectacular and never gets boring even if seeing genuinely amazing things everyday becomes the norm ( watching reef sharks while strolling to breakfast or dolphin spotting in the evening).

The rooms are clean and quiet in true Maldivian style with outdoor bathrooms and kept very clean by the friendly staff and the choice of food spectacular , I'm not normally a seafood fan but the fish is amazing as is the choice of other items.

I would recommend this island to anyone , the Maldives are amazing anyway but this hotel is among the best of the best

Room Tip: All the rooms are great , we didn't feel the need to upgrade to a premium room as I prefer the beach bungalows to a water villa
  • Stayed: December 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Exploration802756
GM_Vilamendhoo, Guest Relations Manager at Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2015

Dear A&J-6,

Sunny greetings from Vilamendhoo Island Resort and Spa!

First of all I would like to thank you for visiting us again and it is a pleasure to read that you had such an amazing time here with us. Surely I will share this review with all our staff.

We are privileged here at Vilamendhoo to have one of the best house reef’s in the Maldives and to have daily visits at the beach from the little black tip reef sharks and have dolphins swim past our reef.

Room wise we wanted to keep the natural Maldivian style which melts in best with our beautiful island and we are happy to hear that you liked it that way.

All our staff is working very hard to fulfill everyone’s expectations and we always have a big variety of food selection for all the different tastes.
Please let us know when you visit us in the future, we will be very happy to welcome you back. If we may be of assistance for your bookings please do not hesitate to contact us via reservations@vilamendhooisland.com

Reviewed November 27, 2015

I left part of my earth in Vilamendhoo, I can't explain with words which means for me. From the beginning, arrive with seaplane and land in the middle of nowhere, with this super blue water. A small super quite island with an amazing coral reef that goes aroun just 10 meters away, amazing trips from Vilamendhoo to see whale sharks, manta o turtles.

Food are really good and you can eat almost by the sea, staff are super kind and rooms very nice. I think is really cheap if you compare what you get.

If you love snorkeling this is your island with no doubt. I will be back soon.

Stayed: November 2015
2  Thank Is-5thconbleecker

Dear Is-5thconbleecker,

Sunny greetings from Vilamendhoo Island Resort and Spa!

The whole Vilamendhoo Team would like to thank you for your wonderful feedback, we are very happy and proud to hear that you had such a great time here with us and enjoyed our accommodation, food and our service.

Here at Vilamendhoo our guests have the unique opportunity to see such beautiful creatures as Mantas, Whale sharks, Turtles and many more, we are very lucky to be at this perfect location here in the Maldives.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to Vilamendhoo in the future. If we may be of assistance for your bookings please do not hesitate to contact us via reservations@vilamendhooisland.com