What can i say that hasn't been already said, Vilamendhoo has everything to offer. The beach villa we stayed in was lovely, the food was too and the employees are a credit to Vilamendhoo also.
It was our first visit to the Maldives and probably the last due to Thomson not doing direct flights to Male. We spent 2 weeks here and it was heaven.
The house reef is fantastic, even for a novice snorkeller like myself, i didn't venture to the drop off but still saw an abundance of marine life.
We volunteered to check out and go on the cruise overnight and it was well worth it, we saw Mantas, Turtles and whale sharks. It is the most memorable experience ever and feel privileged to have had the opportunity to swim with these magnificent creatures.
If you have the opportunity to go , do it you won't regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vilamendhoo Island Resort, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon, an excellent house reef and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Vilamendhoo, South Ari Atoll. It is 900 meters long by 250 meters wide, about 55 acres. Your seaplane transfer from Velana International Airport is a scenic, 25 minute flight. 184 Rooms include 30 Jacuzzi water villas, 30 Jacuzzi beach villas, 111 beach villas and 13 garden rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vilamendhoo Island Hotel Vilamendhoo
- Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa Maldives
- Hotel Vilamendhoo Island