We returned last night and writing this review has been a priority in order to let people know how fantastic it was!
We arrived at the resort via sea plane on July 22nd and were instantly impressed-the reception area is welcoming and decorated to a good standard which continued throughout the resort. We were given a refreshing drink and a short explanation of the resort, then taken to our beach villa. The room was so impressive, equipped with an outdoor rain shower and our own porch just steps from the sea. Jauharry was our waiter throughout our stay-he was fantastic, welcoming us with a smile at each meal and remembering our choice of drinks. We also really liked robin and his team at bonthi bar - we always felt relaxed and looked after there. I also would like to mention the lovely bartender who for most of our stay worked solely on the boashi pool bar before moving to bonthi bar, unfortunately cannot remember his name but I hope he is recognised for his friendliness by management.
We thoroughly enjoyed the free windsurfing lesson and try dive as part of the all inclusive package and I treated myself to a wonderful spa treatment at the spa over the water.
Do not hesitate to book this resort ! We hope to return in the future.
Rachel and lee Shumack
Ps the only negative parts of our holiday were the thomson flight outbound - the entertainment failed to work but we assumed it was not working throughout then realised after speaking to other people at the resort that some enjoyed the films etc . This is unacceptable on a 10.5 hour flight.
Also we did lose an iPhone at the resort which was not located by the time we left. Considering it is a tiny island we assumed it would be found and handed in but unfortunately this was not the case.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vilamendhoo Island Resort, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon, an excellent house reef and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Vilamendhoo, South Ari Atoll. It is 900 meters long by 250 meters wide, about 55 acres. Your seaplane transfer from Velana International Airport is a scenic, 25 minute flight. 184 Rooms include 30 Jacuzzi water villas, 30 Jacuzzi beach villas, 111 beach villas and 13 garden rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Jetsetter so you can book your Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vilamendhoo Island Hotel Vilamendhoo
- Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa Maldives
- Hotel Vilamendhoo Island