Stayed in a beach bungalow just down from the Asian wok, for 2 weeks in October on an all inclusive basis. We had the most amazing time, as soon as you arrive on the island you are welcomed with a punch cocktail and a cold towel giving you time to enjoy the moment. Quick check in and taken to your room almost immediately. Rooms are great, very clean and tidy, great décor and great channels on tv whenever you want a night in. Outdoor bathroom is lovely, although outdoor toilet needs a bit of getting used to. You have a choice of mini bar items but we stuck to the all inclusive drinks only. Its great to sit on your balcony first thing in the morning and last thing at nice just looking out to the ocean. You get you own sunbeds so you don't have to worry about getting up early to get a bed. They are right there waiting for you on the beach outside your room!! The reception and restaurants are all sand floor which really gives a great feel to the place so you don't actually need any shoes for the whole holiday if you don't want to. Ladies, do not take heels, you will not need them. I just wore flip flops for the whole time. The sand is white and the sea is crystal clear. The reef is amazing. you don't even need to go into the sea and you can see sting rays and sharks right at the shore line hunting fish. I could have watched them for hours. We went snorkelling every day. Go out to the reef drop off (edge of the reef before you hit the big deep ocean), the fish are amazing. Amazing colours. I recommend investing in an underwater camera!!! On our last day we saw a sea turtle. My dream came true!
On our last night we walked to the end of the water bungalow jetty to watch the sun go down. WOW what an amazing view!
You get a 15 min free massage which i thoroughly recommend you take, there is a glass bottom floor which you can watch fish on while having a massage. you don't get any pressure about booking any massages after so don't worry. You also get a free sunset cruise which is great as well, they take you right out to watch the sun set and then as you come back to shore, they manage to get the sun setting behind Villamendhoo island making a great photo opportunity.
There are fruit bats hanging in the trees above you during the day.
The food in the restaurant was amazing. It has got me into curries big time. Such a great choice of vegetable and meat curries. So tasty and you always get a choice of mild or hot. There is pasta, roast beef (which tastes just like back home) Roast chicken (also tastes exactly like back home) I could go on and on about the food but it really was so nice, such a wide variety to suit everyone.
We could walk round the island in just under half an hour and that was a slow walk as there was always something to see...As far as i could see all villas had superb views and i would have been happy being in any one of them.
Last but not least, the staff are fantastic. They made our holiday. Each and every one of them. So friendly and welcoming! So thank you Villamendhoo Island. It was a honeymoon to remember and we will be back...one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vilamendhoo Island Resort, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon, an excellent house reef and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Vilamendhoo, South Ari Atoll. It is 900 meters long by 250 meters wide, about 55 acres. Your seaplane transfer from Velana International Airport is a scenic, 25 minute flight. 184 Rooms include 30 Jacuzzi water villas, 30 Jacuzzi beach villas, 111 beach villas and 13 garden rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vilamendhoo Island Hotel Vilamendhoo
- Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa Maldives
- Hotel Vilamendhoo Island