think of your dream holiday, times by 100 and this is "vilamendhoo", just back after 10 days of pure bliss, stayed in villa 184 on the northern side of the island. This side of the island is more shaded,and has a slight breeze, which was most welcoming. The temperature does not alter much from day to night so the a.c. in the room was kept busy, so should you visit your outside bathroom in the night you will know what i mean, as the heat just hits you when you open your door.
The food on offer was amazing, the choices on offer caused many a dilemma, to the point that on our return we were both a few kilos heavier!
The staff from the guys that kept the beach and footpaths clear every day, the gardeners,the room guys, restaurant and bar staff, and of course the reception team, were all amazing.Nothing was too much trouble, climbing a tree for a coconut to drink, arranging for my husband to go out to the pontoon for photo opportunities,and a whole host of other things, and all done with a genuine smile.
Lou the thomson rep, what a lovely lady, not the usual pushy meeting agenda,just genuine info about the wonderful resort. Trips are organised by the resort and are well worth the money, granted you cant order dolphins,mantas or turtles to appear, but the boat guys will do there level best to find them, so that you dont come back disappointed.
Our gratitude to the team of guys that tirelessly every day shipped sand from the outer sand bars to the island for us holiday makers to enjoy such a wonderful place,due to the erosion of these islands.
If you want a small intimate island, vilamendhoo is the place. The people, snorkelling, and ambience is all here
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vilamendhoo Island Resort, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon, an excellent house reef and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Vilamendhoo, South Ari Atoll. It is 900 meters long by 250 meters wide, about 55 acres. Your seaplane transfer from Velana International Airport is a scenic, 25 minute flight. 184 Rooms include 30 Jacuzzi water villas, 30 Jacuzzi beach villas, 111 beach villas and 13 garden rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Jetsetter so you can book your Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vilamendhoo Island Hotel Vilamendhoo
- Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa Maldives
- Hotel Vilamendhoo Island