All reviews the cottages lancaster canal bedroom cottage function room fish and chips the pub bar area lovely room half price great night biscuits bank holiday lovely food comfy bed wedding reception my partner high standard
Selected filters
Reviewed May 17, 2019 via mobile

We visited on Friday evening and it was very busy but we didn’t wait too long at the bar to be served.
We found a seat and ordered our food, we were told that because it was busy there would be a 45 minute wait. The food surprisingly came after 15 minutes and the starter which was garlic mushrooms was overpriced and small. I ordered beef and blue pizza and my husband ordered gammon. The gammon was fatty and small and not well presented. The beef in the pizza was tasteless and the blue cheese on the pizza was almost non existent.
Nobody came to check if our food was ok and when we left we had to wait for a while to pay. When the manager came he was quite cool in his manner and did not ask if our food or evening was ok. We were most disappointed in the whole experience and will definitely not be visiting again.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Fiona B, Owner at The Longlands Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

I was very disappointed to hear the experience you had here at the Longlands. We aim to give customers the best quality, service and food and this clearly fell short for you on this occasion.
I would like to assure we listen to all customer feedback, if you would like to contact me I am available on01524 781256

Many Thanks

Rob Falcon
Hotel Manager

Reviewed May 7, 2019

My partner and I stopped off for a night on our way south from Scotland. We were given an upgrade - the room was spacious and comfortable - and had time for a wander along the canal (bluebells and ducklings) before our tasty evening meal. Great breakfast next morning.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Fiona B, Manager at The Longlands Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Its great to hear your comments and we cant wait to see you soon.

Rob Falcon
Hotel Manager

Reviewed May 7, 2019

We have been here a few times and always enjoyed the food,it can get rather busy at peak times on the weekend but we we have always manged to get a table and the 20/ 30 minute wait for the freshly baked Pizza( the Beef & Blue is amazing) there are nice tables in the garden although some are overlooking a busy road

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 6, 2019 via mobile

We had a fantastic time at Longlands. We went for drinks. All staff were engaging, entertaining and extremely helpful. Really can’t thank the young couple who are members of staff enough!!! We couldn’t get a taxi to take members of our group back to their accommodation. This lovely young couple volunteered to drive them and took 2 trips in their car - removing their baby seat to accommodate our friends. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Really the best service ever. And wish this young couple and their wee family the very best.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2019 via mobile

Visited as a large group as a celebration meal very recently. Really disappointing meal. 2 of us ordered the pan fried sea bass at £16 a head. The meal arrived. We were gutted! It was tiny it was literally served with 3 cubes of potato and 3 stripes of samphire. We had plate envy of those that ordered the pizza and burgers on the table. I was quite annoyed I’d spent so much money and then went straight home and had 2 slices of toast as I was so hungry! Why such small portions Loveland’s. I would have sent it back but didn’t want to cause a fuss at my friends celebration. a side of potatoes abs vedge very much needed for such dishes. Not sure I’d return. Over priced food. Better places locally, sorry.

Date of stay: April 2019