“Great day out for young children”

Greenlands Farm Village
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great day out for young children”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Visited with my 18 month old son and he LOVED it! Lots to do and see, and the staff were very helpful. My son was allowed to pet and hold most of the animals, incl goats, lambs, rabbits, horses, piglets. Afternoon tea and cake was lovely and good value at only £3 pp. We spent 4 hours there and didn't get bored at all.
Highly recommended!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Lolacherry
GreenlandsFarmVill, Manager at Greenlands Farm Village, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
So pleased you all had a lovely visit and found time to leave us such a positive review. Hope to see you again soon. Kind regards.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Absolutely brilliant!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Free all of January so went for a day today! Absolutely brilliant, the staff working on the open farm were fantastic and helped my two year old feed and hold lots of animals.
lots of extra things to do but even if there wasn't would still go back just for the animals..without a doubt will be going back again. thank you.

2 Thank sfya2013
Thanks for your review. Glad you had a brilliant time. The Farm will be free this January again but in the meantime, you might want to come back and visit Father Christmas and his reindeer? And if you really enjoyed your visit, you can always look at purchasing an annual pass for £25. Thanks again.
Lancaster, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Waste of a few hours”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We went here to see what the farm was like, very poor, we took the kids to the playbarn and decided to get2 chicken and bacon paninis, the chicken and bacon mix was clearly from a jar, it was cold and also found some black hairs oN our paninsm

Visited January 2013
2 Thank monkeynuts2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're sorry you felt it was a waste of a few hours. The majority of our customers who come to the Open Farm spend hours feeding, holding, grooming and learning about our animals and the children love bottle feeding the lambs and holding our rabbits. The straw barn is a great place to clamber, climb, swing and slide and you will also find stilts, hoops, a new large sandpit, go karts and plenty of pedal tractors to play on. Our staff are very helpful and chatty and want to ensure you have a great visit. The farm was free in January, perhaps it was particularly busy or the weather was particularly poor? With regard to your Play Barn experience, I understand our cafe manager responded to your comments a while ago relating to the panini and I gather this was met with satisfaction. Hope to see you again and your expectations are exceeded.
Lancaster, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Ok but with a slight tweak could be excellent”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have been here once before but only to watch my grandchildren play in 'The Playbarn' so could not really form a balanced impression of the place. Yesterday (Sunday 25th November 2012) my wife and I were there again on a similar mission but this time stayed for lunch.

The playbarn is excellent for children who were all having a whale of a time, I just wish that such facilities existed when I was young - a long time ago now!

We had lunch in the clean, modern and well appointed restaurant (Wellies Cafe). Downstairs was getting full as Sunday is probably the busiest day of the week and lunchtime the busiest part of the day. We went upstairs where we could pull two tables together as we were 6 adults and three children (aged 3, 2 and 17 months). 5 of the adults had the roast beef dinner with one having Queche. One child had pizza and the other 2 sausage, beans and chips from the childrens menue. The childrens portions were amazing and probably would have filled an adult with a modest appetite, they were served piping hot and looked very appetising - I was so far very impressed. The adult meals arrived quickly afterwards but were served on cold plates. We were asked if we wanted sauces and had it been ketchup is was handy and nearby but mustard and horseradish sauce had to come from downstairs and took about five minutes to arrive. I made the mistake of waiting for these as by now my meal was almost cold - had I started earlier the meal would have been warmer but I would have been well through it before the extras had arrived. The food itself was very enjoyable and of obvious good quality. The only complaint I could make was that for a Sunday roast, the amount of gravy on the meal was miniscule. I can understand that it is difficult to guage everyones expectation of how much gravy to provide but if such a small amount is to be put on, a jug should have been offered. The meal was therefore very dry but this could easily have been remidied.

We had a mixture of drinks and two of us hads cups of tea. The tea was excellent but milk was not offered and we had to ask for it - that came very quickly. In mitigation the sfaff were very busy as we were there at a particularly busy time.

Afterwards we walked round the farm shop and the wine shop. Both were very interesting and I thought offered good value for money. The selection of wines available was impressive and someone there obviously knows their stuff.

Overall this is a place I would recommend for a family occasion out. The only thing that spoiled the meal was lack of attention to a few details which could be remidied at a stroke. I will probably go back to the farm shop and will definately go back to the wine shop but without the distraction of the family children. I will also try the Wellies Cafe Restaurant again at a quiter time.

Visited November 2012
North West England
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 201 helpful votes
“We liked this and will go again”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

One 2 year old, Mum, Dad and Nanny Hetts went here today and really liked it - there were loads of animals and the staff would have got them out for 2 year old to look at - loved the horse maggie may - it was very wet so we did not explore evrything but we loved it, fabulous jewellry shop wish Pot Ed had been around as I am sure a purchase would have been made, extensive wine shop, one empty shop and I would have loved to open a cup cake heaven - all in all a good day. Well done

Visited October 2012