“Definitely worth a stop”

Kawakawa Public Toilets by Hundertwasser
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Kawakawa
Hamilton, New Zealand
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Definitely worth a stop”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

These Public Toilets are worth a visit. Public toilets a tourist attraction - yes! They live up to their reputation as an interesting concept for artwork. But more importantly.. they are clean & free to use. Well done Kawa Kawa

Visited October 2012

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Kerikeri
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awsome”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We live near Kawakawa. That public toilets was amazing, you never see another like it. If you passing by kawakawa to go to the north, you must make a stop in it!!!!!!

Visited September 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“worse places to spend a penny”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My parents wanted to stop and visit these toilets on the way home, they had a tour and found it very interesting. I don't know how you can make public toilets a tourist attraction. They are different and are the most interesting toilets i have visited, but they are still toilets.

Visited September 2012
brentwood, essex, uk
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Oh my, what a beautiful place!”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My daughter and I stayed in Kawakawa for 2 weeks!
We had a fabulous time, I thought the toilets were a joke! As in, I didnt really think there was any famous toilets! However there was, I thought they were nice toilets and the mosaic tiles were beautiful. However I did not use them at all.
The bay of Islands is a lovely place, it is just a long journey on 2 planes but well worth it!

Visited February 2012
Westminster, Colorado
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Worth a stop if you're passing through”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

While I wouldn't make a trip specifically to see these toilets, it was a pleasant detour on our trip up to Paihia. Quite a bit of the small town is decorated to match the eclectic restroom design, and we enjoyed a quick stroll around taking it all in. When we actually went to use the toilets, however, I was less than impressed. The bathroom itself was incredibly disgusting with a very strong smell of human waste.

Visited April 2012