“A greasy spoon with some charm.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Granuaile
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Kinnegad
Cuisines: Irish, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kinnegad, Ireland
“A greasy spoon with some charm.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

Nice breakfast menu which rolls into lunch. The food is decent. Had the fry, the missus the breakfast wrap. Good filter coffee refilled once. I like my coffee refilled nine times so no points there. Prompt friendly services, nice staff, Newspapers around for the singleton visitor.
Nice decor with local artwork for sale. What eles? It's expensive for what it is....€18 for the above with a carton of OJ. I would go more if better value.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Westmeath Ireland
“Beautiful home cooked food served simply in very generous portions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

We went in to this restaurant today for our Sunday lunch, encouraged by the beautiful spread we received when we ordered home catering for our daughter's Confirmation last month. I will firstly say that the salads, meats and breads we got on that occasion were first class, and excellent value for money. I would highly recommend An Granuaile for the home catering she does, everything is home cooked and fresh, and very, very competitively priced.

So no surprise then that we were not disappointed at all in the lovely meal we had today either. Garlic mushrooms to start and soup of the day with delicious home made brown bread, followed by one turkey and ham traditional dinner and two chicken goujons with salad and home cut chips. All excellent, absolutely delicious, If there was one complaint to make it would be that the chips were a bit too thick for my husband's liking as he doesn't really like wedge style chips, but honestly this is the only fault if you could call it that, we had. We will be back for definite, and as for the review about rude staff, well that just baffles me! Staff couldn't have been nicer.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Gillo27
“More than satisfactory”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Not sure how anyone can have a problem with the staff here, always found them more than helpful. Food is always top notch too

Ireland
“A lovely surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

It was by complete accident that we came across this restaurant and what a great surprise! First of all, we were travelling on the Motorway and would easily have ignored Kinnegad only hunger was calling! So off the motorway and about 2 mn later we were in Kinnegad and in Granuile.My husband ordered what really was a sunday dinner, and I ordered the lasagne, a dish which I felt would hit the spot and really, no matter where you go, this is a dish that seldom goes below or above average. I thought it would be a safe option! Both dishes were delicious and exactly like if we were eating a home cooked dinner. In fact, the lasagne dish was as nice as the one my husband cook -and he is a super cook. It was definitely not your average lasagne. My husband loved his meal too -and my other reviews will tell you he is very fussy with compliments! Our waitress, a lovely lady, added to this positive experience; I felt I had been invited to someone's home for lunch! I hope I get another opportunity to pass Kinnegad sometime soon.

• Visited September 2013
Tullamore, Ireland
“Excellent food quiet atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Local restaurant that has been open in my home Town for a while was the first time I had been there. It's a lovely little cafe-esque place with a quiet rustic atmosphere. Great for people travelling west from Dublin a nice little stop off. I was initially put off by price but the quality of homemade food and portion size definitely justifies it. Well worth a visit

• Visited September 2013