“Relaxing and luxurious”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kapalua
Loxahatchee
“Relaxing and luxurious”
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

We are at day 5 of 7 at the Ridge Villas in Kapalua. We have a Gold Oceanview which is great - the vistas are gorgeous. It's very quiet and private but maybe that would be different in the high season. Sensei was super Asian cuisine, and the snorkeling is fabulous at Kapalua Bay and Honolua Bay is even better. We did the Manaha Ridge Hike which was spectacular - uphill it's quite strenuous but the shuttle brought us back down. Not for a novice hiker. Overall I would definitely come back here - it's close to Ka'anapali and Lahaina but there are no crowds. If you want a party scene this is probably not the place.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shannon D
KVL-Management, Front Office Manager at The Kapalua Villas, Maui, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Aloha Shannon D,

Thank you for posting your review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Kapalas Villas and you were able to partake in the many things we have to offer here. It is indeed peaceful and relaxing here, that is what a perfect island vacation is all about!

We will see you when you return!

Kapalua Villas-Maui

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My wife and I stayed 8 nights at Kapalua Villas. Overall, it was wonderful.

If you upgrade to the gold villas and stay in the Bay Villas, you'll have a condo that looks brand new. The place was immaculate the fixtures and furniture were nearly flawless. Our view out our Bay window and lanai were incredible. The bathroom was very nice.

The grounds / resort itself is so impressive! The landscaping was absolutely stunning. They really keep the place up. The staff was great, too. They're always tending to the grounds and I couldn't believe how beautiful it was.

The spa was great too! Everything is free except for classes (but they have a reduced rate for guests at KVs) and massages. My wife got a massage and raved about it. The staff there was wonderful (Cara, etc). Treat yourself to a spa visit (or two, or three) if you can.

Other places on the property: The Honolua Store was great!! Very clean and well organized. The food selections were very good and the liquor selection was incredible! This is a great place to grab a meal, snacks or drinks to cut costs. I thought the prices were very reasonable. Save your receipts for the entire trip and you'll get a nice gift.

We also stopped at the Wine Palette and Merriman's. Merriman's is very nice, but pricey so you might want to do what we did and just do drinks there. The view from there is great! Wine Palette was very nice but note that they only have appetizers, not full plated meals.

My wife and I absolutely loved our stay. If it would allow, however, I would rate it a 4.5 as there were a few minor issues:

> There's no ATM anywhere (except at the Ritz which is a pain). I don't know why they can't simply plant an ATM machine in the lobby or in the Honolua store. It would be a convenience for guests and seems like such a simple fix.

> AC didn't work real well, esp, if you had the Bay windows open. I called about it and the man who came said "that's the coolest I can get it" (and it was warm and stuffy) "it's just how these units work" (???)

> The biggest issue was privacy. Know that the way the villas are angled, your neighbors can easily see clearly inside your condo and hear you on the patio, etc. This I can deal with but we had an AWFUL neighbor downstairs that ruined our trip. My wife were out on our patio on our second night (it was our anniversary). I speak softly and my wife speaks moderately. It was just the two of us simply having a normal convo on the patio. The guy below blew a gasket and screamed and cursed for 5 straight minutes for us to shut up. He really had a screw loose. It was only about 10:15 pm and it was just the two of us. We didn't have a party, weren't blasting music, didn't have kids running around, weren't speaking loudly, etc. He said he "only wanted to hear the wind". We ignored him bc we felt we were entitled to have a normal conversation on a patio but warning: if you get a neighbor who is rude and supersensitive to noise there could be an issue (the hypocrite had no problem making his own noise with two loud guests as well as smoking smelly cigars).

Despite this little hiccup, we had a great stay here (I don't blame KV in any way for the incident with the neighbor - sometimes you just get unlucky with your neighbor).

Stay at Kapalua Villas!

Room Tip: We stayed in 14b1 (Gold Villas, Bay Villas). Worth the upgrade to Gold. The view (Molokai, the oce...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank BMac2005
KVL-Management, Front Office Manager at The Kapalua Villas, Maui, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Aloha BMac2005,

Thank you for taking the time to post your favorable review! I am pleased that you had a wonderful time at the Villas. You have included some great tips for fellow travelers - I love the Honolua Store (however it is a little dangerous for me to have so much good food available so close!)

I am sorry to hear that your neighbor did not extend the spirit of Aloha. Please keep in mind that we do have security on duty, and in the unfortuante event someone acts in such a manner they can ask them to calm down.

We look forward to hosting you again when you return to Maui!

Kapalua Villas-Maui
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the villas for our anniversary. It was great, spacious, awesome kitchen with all the kitchen appliances and cookware you need, washer and dryer.
Spa and gym was excellent
I would say, I could see other people maybe complaining about the wear of the furniture or scuffs on the walls.
The cleaning is an extra cost as well.

I love the place and plan on going back.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JTat001
KVL-Management, Front Office Manager at The Kapalua Villas, Maui, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Aloha JTat001,

Thank you for taking the time and posting your favorable review. We are so pleased that you chose us for your anniversary vacation!

We hope that you will join us again soon.

Kapalua Villas
Melbourne
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

We got married on Oneloa (Ironwoods) beach and stayed in one of the gold ocean view villas. The villa was spacious and clean with wonderful views, the concierge staff (Donna) was great, the spa is out of this world and access is included with the resort fee, the resort bus picks up on demand which was so convenient, we even used or for our wedding and the Hawaiian driver is just lovely. One of the big attractions for hubby was the golf and he loved both courses. Even with all these positives though - it does miss the mark a bit. It is a 5 star resort with 5 star prices yet they weren't able to accommodate small things like friends and family wanted to organise champagne in our room to congratulate us after we married (we eloped) and that was too hard - they knew we were married there but there was no congratulations card or even words - I went to a lot of trouble to check out menus and book a nice restaurant for us for our wedding lunch and booked the Plantation Restaurant when I booked months ago ( via email telling them it was for our wedding lunch all I requested was a nice table with an ocean view) we got put around the side with a golf course view and the lunch menu had changed since I booked and we had burgers for our wedding lunch! They looked surprised when we arrived and while they had the booking the table wasn't reserved and the high chair wasn't organised (our baby daughter was our only guest) - none of this ruined our day it just could have been done nicer! Also the golfing staff on the Plantation course are a little uninterested and arrogant especially in the shop. It doesn't take much up be friendly! Overall it was lovely, but customer service was not great, prices especially food were very high and there were those little disappointments that could easily be fixed with good training

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Donna G
Aloha Donna S,

First of all let me say congratulations on your wedding! Oneloa Beach is my favorite on the island and I visit it often.

Thank you for taking the time for posting your favorable review. We strive to give our guest the Hawaiian Dream Vacation that they wish for. I am sorry that we missed the mark in some ways.

Please feel free to contact me when you come and see us again so that we can provide you a bottle of champagne for your anniversary!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We spent 7 nights, 8 days at Kapalua Bay Villas, at a cost of approx. $500.00 per day. Area was beautiful, condo was in serious need of updating and repair. We booked, direct through Outrigger's web site, a Gold, 2 bedroom, ocean front condo and were told that this was comparable to a 5-star facility. Perhaps some of the units are, but ours was more in line with a 2-star. Aside from the roaches, ants and beetles inside the unit, uncomfortable beds, Goodwill type furniture, peeling paint, leaky windows and inadequate patio furniture...the view made the facility. Too bad the facility didn't match the view. On our next trip, if we pay for a 5-star facility, we'll make sure that we get one.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
9 Thank M28UIjamesb
KVL-Management, Guest Relations Manager at The Kapalua Villas, Maui, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Aloha M28Uljamesb,

thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm glad you enjoyed the view from your unit however I apologize that the interior of this unit did not meet your expectations. Please contact me directly at your earliest convenience so we can better discuss your stay.

I look forward to hearing from y ou.

BC, Canada
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is our 4th time staying here and it is by far the best bang for your buck. The bay villas are basically ocean front and the views are fantastic. A short drive or walk to Kapalua Bay for some snorkling and R&R. It's quiet in Kapalua and only a 15 min drive to Lahaina. I will definitely stay here again. Can't get enough of Maui and the Kapalua Villas.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Craig B
Aloha Aloha123456789,

thank you for taking the time to post your favorable review and for staying with us once again. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay in the Bay Villas.

Please contact me if you need any assistance in booking your next stay with us.

windsor
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We stayed here to host my daughters wedding celebration with family and friends. We had a 3 bedroom villa overlooking the golf fairways on the Bay course. The view was spectacular and the villa quite spacious. Unfortunately our villa was very outdated. The buttons were worn off of the dishwasher, we had to have maintenance come to the villa twice to repair the fridge which was fixed after the second visit. The decor had not seen an update since at least 1990 or very close , as well, The track lighting fixtures were rusted......the upside was our daughter's two bedroom villa as well as the other 2 villas rented by friends were very nice. Since our villa was the largest we did most of the entertaining so we were quite disappointed with the unit. Upon check out I made our concerns known and were told that we had rented an owners unit and unfortunately those units are only updated if the owner chooses or things wear out. I wish I had known ahead of time since the pictures on the website did not represent the unit we had rented. Spa is second to none and service very good.

Room Tip: Go for the gold and enquire first exactly when the room was last updated.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank cojalu
Aloha Cojalu,

thank you for taking the time to post your review. I apologize that you were not aware of the differences in unit types. I will forward your comments to management to see if we are able to work with the owner in updating this unit.

The rest of the group booked our Gold Villas which is why they were a lot more updated than the unit you received. I apologize once again that we were not able to meet your expectations. Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking a future stay with us.

reservations@kapaluavillas.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kapalua
Montage Kapalua Bay
#16 of 32 in Lahaina
Westin Maui Resort And Spa
Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui

Been to The Kapalua Villas, Maui? Share your experiences!