“Perfect little beach”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Perfect little beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

Nature made it that way.

This is a little crescent beach that's well-protected from the ocean swells. There is excellent snorkelling at either end. This vista we were lucky enough to swim with sea turtles just yards from out beach chairs.

The official parking lot is small - but there is convenient overflow parking over the road.

1 Thank ToandMuskokaMan

Raleigh, NC
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Loved snorkeling!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

We went snorkeling to Monokini crater and Lanai'i, but loved snorkeling at Kapalua! It is a bay and the water is relatively calm. We got to swim with turtles as well, the variety of fish was amazing. We went in the afternoon, usually I heard the sighting is best in the morning, but we weren't disappointed! Will recommend it to anyone!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank EmmaInUSA
Ventura, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Favorite Maui Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

I love Kapalua bay and beach. We always go there early to get a parking spot and enjoy a walk on the beautiful coastal trail. The ocean views are spectacular. After the walk, I go back to the car and get my snorkel gear and beach paraphernalia.

Over the last 30 years, I have tried most of the Maui dive and snorkel locations and always keep coming back to Kapalua. Both sides of the bay have good entry points, but I prefer the right hand side by the activity shack. There is decent SCUBA diving in the outer part of the bay.

My most recent trip in February 2014, the weather was rainy, and snorkel visibility was not as good as usual, but still lots of interesting fish and turtles. The main negatives of this location is that it tends to be rainier than many other beaches on Maui. Also, the winter gets some heavier surf and current.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Bob R
Kenai, Alaska
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Pretty beach, sheltered cove”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went there 3 times on our recent trip to maui between January 18th - 24th.
I imagine on calmer days the snorkeling would be very good; unfortunately during the winter months the waves can be large which makes the snorkeling difficult and the water murky. We were able to have average visibility 1 day and see 2 turtles, needlefish, and about 20 other species of fish. The weather was so bad one day that my wife and I actually had the entire beach to ourselves for almost 2 hours. All other days there were about 200 people by noon. The beach itself is beautiful but can be hard to find. Take an immediate left after passing the seahouse restuarant. The parking lot can fill up quickly; get there before 10am.

1 Thank AKFishFanatic
Battleford, Saskatchewan, Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Cozy cove”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

Beautiful area, especially for a nice walk..beach is pretty small and shaded for a lot of the time...

1 Thank Judy M