“Heaven On Earth”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Omaha, Nebraska
“Heaven On Earth”
Reviewed February 28, 2011 for a stay in February 2011
person found this review helpful

This place was incredible. It had the best of everything. The rental was well stocked with everything from games and books, to beach chairs & umbrellas. The view was incredible. Our view was overlooking the pools and the ocean. The best of both worlds. The resort itself was not overly crowded, which i loved. There were other children there but not too many. There are many different pools, one for each person. There was the kid pool, then the tanning pool, the swimming pool, etc. The pools were never crowded and the chairs were always available. The staff there were very prompt and accomodating. They laid out our towels for us and we never had to get up to get any sort of water, drinks, food etc. We even received complimentary hand massages while there. Everyone was so happy and friendly. There are restaurants within walking distance and the beach bar has some really great food. (drinks are $10/drink) but definitely worth it. They have a little golf deal that the kids can play with along with floaty toys. While we were there, they had free activities for the kids, which was so nice. One night they did a movie out by the pool on a big projector with popcorn, They also had a candy making class and a music class. The kids really enjoyed this. The resort itself felt super safe and you didn't feel like you had to have your eyes on them the whole time. The weather was perfect our whole stay. I had heard that Kapalua area was kind of windy but this was not the case at all. Definitely stock up on the sun block though. The beach was a minute walk and they had outdoor showers right there when you are done. There is also a beach bar at the beach for popsicles, drinks, etc. We had our concierge set up a lual and I definitely recommend the old lahaina lual. It was wonderful. We also went surfing, which was a fun experience. However, I wouldn't recommend the place that we went to as the instructors were rude and made rude comments about bringing a towel with you and for asking a question. They also charge to park in their parking lot and charged us $60 for "tax" on a $200 bill. It was called Maui wave riders. Other than that everything was wonderful. On our last day, we checked out and had time to waste before our flight left. They encouraged us to hang out at the resort. They had showers and lockers available for our use. The restaurants that we ate at were pineapple grill and merrimans. Both were very good. In my opinion, Merrimans had better food but the atmosphere was a bit stuffy. I did notice that Maui is very touristy, but the Ritz residences made you feel like the only person on the island. It is tucked away enough, that it doesn't feel touristy whatsoever. I would definitely recommend this place to everyone. We were there 2 weeks ago. Haven't received our deposit back yet, but will update on the time it took to get it back, as I heard from other reviews that it can be lengthy.

Traveling group: Family with Young Children
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children

Your age range 65+
CA
Reviewed October 22, 2010 for a stay in July 2010

Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 35-44
Lawrence Kansas
Reviewed August 19, 2010 for a stay in July 2010

Traveling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
CA
Reviewed March 9, 2010 for a stay in October 2009
person found this review helpful

Liked best: Location and Condition
Liked least: Nothing!
Traveling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 45-54
Recommended for:
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Older travelers Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Large groups Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing