“Sunset view, excellent service and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Merriman's

Merriman's
Reserve with OpenTable
Merriman's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Kapalua
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Dine in the most stunning ocean front location in Maui, directly on the point of majestic Kapalua Bay. Merriman's Kapalua offers a farm to table concept, with 90% locally sourced award winning menu, showcasing the islands freshest fish, seafood, meat and produce. The opulent restaurant offers indoor-outdoor seating, spectacular sunset views, a modern open-air bar, and oceanfront lounge and fire pit.
Wisconsin
“Sunset view, excellent service and food”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This restaurant is amazing. Excellent sunset views, professional service, great atmosphere, live "background" music, excellent food. Hubby had steak n lobster, I had a nicely prepared mahi mahi. A small appetizer plate with taro chips, hummus, and veggies was served while we looked at menu. Also served warm bread. If you plan to dress up a bit and splurge no one meal, this is it. Extensive wine list. Can't say enough about the view, get early seating for sunset, bring your camera. Waiters gladly take your picture, encourage sunset pictures. It's casual, yet elegant. Some were dressed very nice, others in shorts with a nice shirt.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Our favorite restaurant in Maui”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The title of this review might be misleading, since we didn't eat at many places in Maui, but my group was all very pleased with this one. There were As all around, from the 8-year-old (who ordered a children's gourmet filet and a kiddie cocktail) to the adults, who enjoyed the bigger versions of filet.

The sunset view was very nice...we made our reservations for about 6:00, if I recall correctly. I also enjoyed the music and the ambiance. I searched for information about bringing children to Merriman's in the past, so I just wanted to say that I definitely think this is a kid-friendly place. It's upscale, but not uncomfortably so. It was a great cap to our last evening in Maui.

• Visited September 2012
San Francisco, California
“Not to be missed restaurant. I love this place”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I've had a couple different experiences here and they've all been great. My last experience was an even more unexpectedly great experience.

The reason I say unexpected is because my last experience at Merriman's was for a wedding. After having a couple great memorable meals at Merriman's in the past, I figured they'd have to compromise quality of food for a wedding. WOW was I wrong. The food at the wedding was as good as on a regular menu night. I really had the best pasta I've ever eaten and one of the best filet mignon's I've ever eaten. That says ALOT given that it was a wedding night where they had to serve 100 people at one time. I was truly impressed.

It also goes without saying that the location and setting is one of the best in all of Hawaii (not just Maui). You definitely don't want to miss out on Merriman's during a trip to Maui.

Thanks again for another memorable experience.

North Port, Florida
“One of the best dinners on Maui”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We decided to go to Merriman's for dinner the very first night in Maui.
We made reservations and got there around 7 PM. We were told that our table was not quite ready and it would only be a few minutes wait. We all ordered drinks and sat and waited.
We were finally brought over to a nice table on the terrace. They had a nice couple playing music and singing. We got our menus and we decided on a surf and turf and a bowl of onion soup to start. They used fried green tomatoes as coutons and it was delicious. We really enjoyed our meals and the service was impecable. When we go back to that side of the lsland we will definitely go back there.

Baldwinsville
“Best sunset views”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Make reservations for after dark but go before sunset and have a cocktail on the outside back patio (recommend the fresh pineapple vodka martini)! Watch the sun go down and they'll come get you when your table is ready. Food was as good as the view and easy shuttle from the Ritz, although is walkable with comfortable shoes.

Visited September 2012