Lowest prices for your stay
$1,019
Free cancellation until 06/30/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
$1,019
Free cancellation until 07/03/22
FindHotel
$697
Hotels.com$1,019
Travelocity$1,019
Trip.com$1,269
4,323 results
All reviews the banyan tree burger shack residential suite club level honolua store dt fleming beach kapalua area sushi restaurant our honeymoon four seasons coastal trail plantation house general store lobby bar beautiful property pool staff ocean view
Selected filters
Reviewed August 26, 2019 via mobile

It is a good hotel in a beautiful setting. Service is good, what you would expect of a Ritz. I would like to thank Mr Lawrence from breakfast. He is attentive and professional. Now, you have a couple of drawbacks. The carpet of the hotel must be as old as 30 years and needs replacement badly.... it is a source of allergies. The food options are POOR and I am being polite. The Banyan Tree restaurant is sooo bad (see my review 'overly complicated") and the options at the lobby are really limited. We had to exit the resort to find decent food. For this I don't think I will ever be back, it is too much of a hassle. Lastly, make sure you close all because I got stolen $2,000-$2,500 in my room. My mistake was to leave my large suitcase with the code on after opening, someone must have figured out it was the same code to open the small suitcase where I had the cash and documents. It left me with a bitter taste.

Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank pm3345
RCKapalua, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Maui Kapalua, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2019

Aloha pmrue7 and mahalo for taking the time to share your review. I was delighted you enjoyed the service provided by our Ladies and Gentlemen and appreciate you mentioning Lawrence by name. I will be sure he is recognized for his efforts to make your stay even more memorable. I understand that you are in touch with our team about the missing items from your room and would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you directly as well. At your convenience, please contact me by calling the resort at 808-669-6200.

Warmest Aloha,
Kevin Peterson
Hotel Manager

Reviewed August 25, 2019 via mobile

We typically stay in the Ka’anapali or Wailea area when in Maui but decided to give Kapalua a try and was not disappointed at all with our stay at the Ritz-Carlton.

The service throughout our stay was outstanding. The front desk was friendly and accommodating in making sure at check-in that we had the rollaway bed we had requested and though they couldn’t give us a full late checkout on our last day, they acknowledged our Bonvoy Platinum Elite status and gave us a couple of extra hours which was very helpful.

Our Club level room was clean and comfortable and had a nice view. They also had left cupcakes in our room to commemorate my wife’s birthday which was really a nice touch.

The Club Lounge has five food presentations each day (including a good variety of selections of for breakfast) and was a great place to stop by. The staff there was extremely friendly especially Leena who quickly remembered what our favorite drink that they offered was (Kapalua Punch!)

We also had a nice (albeit pricey) Hawaiian dinner at The Banyan Tree. Robert our server was friendly and helpful and was very understanding when we took breaks to take photos at sunset and to see the nightly fire-knife show.

The hotel has a nice sized pool area and we rented an Oasis Day Bed which we very much enjoyed. Pablo and Victor from the pool staff were great and made sure we didn’t need anything.

We didn’t have a chance to stay at the beach by the hotel but we did walk down to it and it seems like a nice beach.

It is definitely more quiet in the Kapalua area but Ka’anapali and downtown Lahaina are only a short drive away and we did make the trip a couple of times.

Overall, a very nice stay at the Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2019 via mobile

Our week-long stay at the Ritz in Kapalua was amazing in every way, from the first welcome from the valet to the rest of the staff, accommodations, and amenities throughout our stay.

One of the reasons we like this hotel is that it’s on the windy side of the island (and therefore a little cooler) but we were treated to calm weather this time which helped with fun snorkeling arranged with the hotel in Kapalua Bay and several trips to the small beach by the burger shack. The shuttle will also take you to the nearby Kapalua Bay (where we took the guided tour through the Ambassadors program) but it has amazing snorkeling and only requires the snorkel gear and a walk into the ocean from the beach.

We were welcomed with a delicious beverage and shell leis and had wonderful interactions with all of the staff throughout our stay. We were lucky to have a room with an ocean view and found the room to be spacious and comfortable. The housekeeping staff was also friendly and attentive, always making sure we had enough towels for our trip.

Each morning I would stop in Kai to pick up light breakfast food and coffee. Lisa was always so welcoming and by the second day, she remembered who I was. She was especially helpful in giving tips on driving the road to Hana, which made a big difference in helping us to navigate the trip easily and have a fun time.

The pools were relaxing with a view of the ocean and Molokai. But this is not a pool with a lot of slides, etc. I think they are going to renovate the pool soon but in the same style (still not a water park, which was fine for us).

The nearby restaurants (Sansei, Merriman’s, Taverna, and the breakfast buffet in the hotel) were all great. We also got good service in the golf shop and Honolulu store (like an ABC store with a place to get food at the back).

Overall, it was a relaxing but fun-filled time for our family. I hope others that choose the Ritz also find their piece of paradise in Maui like we did. We can’t wait to go back!

1  Thank kapaluak
Reviewed August 24, 2019

First visited this hotel on our honeymoon and was delighted to return with the family to celebrate some special birthdays. The three tier swimming pool is as great as ever and we were given a wonderful suite on the ground floor. The staff couldn’t have been nicer. So it gets five stars but be warned. Everything is expensive including a $30 a day valet parking fee. The burger bar on the beach runs to $100 for lunch. Although there were many hints we should eat at the Banyan tree for dinner, the prices were too steep ($12 for vegetable side dishes).Breakfast was $42 a head. if you stay, prepare to go to the supermarket up the road and pay more reasonable prices for food and drink

Reviewed August 22, 2019

Not very happy. Dirty room ,they would not let me get my phone out of car so I'm not happy the did give me 200.00 back for crap service . Way too expensive 100.00 for room service for French toast and sausage .........really? There was one bell hop who was super nice but that was it

Date of stay: August 2019
RCKapalua, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Maui Kapalua, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2019

Aloha Lisa M – I appreciate you choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the service provided by our Ladies and Gentlemen along with other aspects of your stay. This is certainly not typical of our resort or the high service standards to which we hold ourselves. We will be sure to share your comments with the appropriate management teams in an effort to identify key focus areas for improvement. Should you wish to discuss your stay in greater detail, please contact me at the resort by calling 808-669-6200. Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Warmest Aloha,