18 people are viewing this hotel
$1,019
Free cancellation until 07/03/22
$1,019
Free cancellation until 06/30/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
$697
Hotels.com$1,019
Travelocity$1,019
Trip.com$1,269
4,323 results
All reviews the banyan tree burger shack residential suite club level honolua store dt fleming beach kapalua area sushi restaurant our honeymoon four seasons coastal trail plantation house general store lobby bar beautiful property pool staff ocean view
Selected filters
Reviewed August 24, 2019 via mobile

Our week-long stay at the Ritz in Kapalua was amazing in every way, from the first welcome from the valet to the rest of the staff, accommodations, and amenities throughout our stay.

One of the reasons we like this hotel is that it’s on the windy side of the island (and therefore a little cooler) but we were treated to calm weather this time which helped with fun snorkeling arranged with the hotel in Kapalua Bay and several trips to the small beach by the burger shack. The shuttle will also take you to the nearby Kapalua Bay (where we took the guided tour through the Ambassadors program) but it has amazing snorkeling and only requires the snorkel gear and a walk into the ocean from the beach.

We were welcomed with a delicious beverage and shell leis and had wonderful interactions with all of the staff throughout our stay. We were lucky to have a room with an ocean view and found the room to be spacious and comfortable. The housekeeping staff was also friendly and attentive, always making sure we had enough towels for our trip.

Each morning I would stop in Kai to pick up light breakfast food and coffee. Lisa was always so welcoming and by the second day, she remembered who I was. She was especially helpful in giving tips on driving the road to Hana, which made a big difference in helping us to navigate the trip easily and have a fun time.

The pools were relaxing with a view of the ocean and Molokai. But this is not a pool with a lot of slides, etc. I think they are going to renovate the pool soon but in the same style (still not a water park, which was fine for us).

The nearby restaurants (Sansei, Merriman’s, Taverna, and the breakfast buffet in the hotel) were all great. We also got good service in the golf shop and Honolulu store (like an ABC store with a place to get food at the back).

Overall, it was a relaxing but fun-filled time for our family. I hope others that choose the Ritz also find their piece of paradise in Maui like we did. We can’t wait to go back!

1  Thank kapaluak
Reviewed August 24, 2019

First visited this hotel on our honeymoon and was delighted to return with the family to celebrate some special birthdays. The three tier swimming pool is as great as ever and we were given a wonderful suite on the ground floor. The staff couldn’t have been nicer. So it gets five stars but be warned. Everything is expensive including a $30 a day valet parking fee. The burger bar on the beach runs to $100 for lunch. Although there were many hints we should eat at the Banyan tree for dinner, the prices were too steep ($12 for vegetable side dishes).Breakfast was $42 a head. if you stay, prepare to go to the supermarket up the road and pay more reasonable prices for food and drink

Reviewed August 22, 2019

Not very happy. Dirty room ,they would not let me get my phone out of car so I'm not happy the did give me 200.00 back for crap service . Way too expensive 100.00 for room service for French toast and sausage .........really? There was one bell hop who was super nice but that was it

Date of stay: August 2019
RCKapalua, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Maui Kapalua, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2019

Aloha Lisa M – I appreciate you choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the service provided by our Ladies and Gentlemen along with other aspects of your stay. This is certainly not typical of our resort or the high service standards to which we hold ourselves. We will be sure to share your comments with the appropriate management teams in an effort to identify key focus areas for improvement. Should you wish to discuss your stay in greater detail, please contact me at the resort by calling 808-669-6200. Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Warmest Aloha,
Kevin Peterson
Hotel Manager

Reviewed August 22, 2019 via mobile

Don’t get me wrong - if you are looking for a place to relax, lounge by the pool and beach, swim in the ocean and be away from the masses, all while being pampered by great service, look no further. This is the place for you. This resort could easily receive a 5-star review if the dining/food options were better. They are significantly lacking and do not reflect Hawaiian cuisine, flavor or culture. How can a beach resort of this caliber limit its menus to burgers, only one type of tacos, or chicken wings? This is unacceptable. We would have eaten many more meals at the hotel had the menus been better and more varied. Such a surprising -and major- flaw for what otherwise would be a wonderful resort. I had heard that the dining options were bad prior to our stay, but did not expect them to be so poor.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Marcopolo20th
Reviewed August 22, 2019 via mobile

We got to Maui on a Friday morning around 8 and drove out to Kapalua as soon as we got our car, with a couple short stops along the way.

We were greeted with cowrie shell necklaces/leis and yummy teas. We had requested an early check-in for 10 am (I am a Platinum Premier Elite member) but our room wasn’t ready until around 4pm. Maybe because we booked this trip with points?

Luckily we had reserved a cabana for the day, so we left our bags with the valet and went straight to the pool. The cabana was great and I definitely recommend it if you plan to hang out by the pool all day. We never received our fruit platter and the service to our cabana was scarce. More than once we had to chase down a server to order a drink (you’d think if a customer is willing to buy a weak $20 cocktail, the servers would be eager to keep coming by). It rained a little during the day and the cabana was a nice refuge, although it did get a bit wet. Also, I think they should add more bathrooms by the pool... there were only three stalls in the ladies room.

The room was clean and nice but not really anything that special. Great view but long walks to/from the lobby, valet, pool, etc and we were less than halfway down the building. Valet was always quick and so kind. View from the lobby was amazing.

We didn’t spend that much time at the hotel other than the first day. Most of our time was spent exploring the island in our super cool Jeep rental!

Date of stay: June 2019