We stayed here in October for about 10 days for our honeymoon. We felt like we were at a honeymoon factory - they tried to make us feel special but it was pretty robotic - preprinted cards saying Welcome to your Honeymoon. With so many couples on their honeymoon though, it was nice of them to at least try to make us feel special. We actually stayed at a Four Seasons on our wedding night before our flight to Maui and they gave us a handwritten note and some chocolates. At the RC in Maui, they did give us a complimentary bottle of champagne. The lobby was really pretty. We were greeted with leis and fruit juice. The views of the ocean from the lobby were spectacular. Our rooms were not what I would call the nicest we have ever stayed in. They looked really cheesy and outdated - with bamboo and wicker furniture and really old television and alarm clock. The carpet was green and had stains. The bathtub was just okay, not very fancy and didn't really seem like it was built for two. Room service was mediocre. They pride themselves on saying they clean the room twice a day, but I think they only changed our sheets and bedding once while we were there and the room wasn't that impressive. Room service was a rip off. Everything was pricey, and we started ordering off the kid's menu because it was the same, if not better food, for a lower cost. It took forever for them to come get our trays. Once we called after we were done eating, waited about half an hour, decided to leave and came back about 4 hours later, and the table was still in our room. We pushed it out to the hall and called room service again to let them know about the table. It stayed there for another 4 hours. We peeped in the morning and it was finally gone.
We did stay on the Club Level, but I didn't feel like this was any big deal. There were a TON of people there, it started to feel like a frat party sometimes. There must have been a young group who traveled together because they would go in, take all the tables, order a bunch of beers, and be loud and obnoxious. However, the concierge on the Club Level were absolutely WONDERFUL!!! They made our stay worthwhile.
The pool area was nice. They come by every once in a while with water and a piece of pineapple when it got hot. There were lots of kids by the pool though, which is not something you really want to see on your honeymoon, but then again, we weren't at a Sandals so we can't really complain.
The beach was gorgeous. We had a lot of fun playing in the waves and it was very clean.
Overall, it was an average hotel with really high prices. I don't know what the $15 fee per day was for. We parked our own car instead of paying another $15 for valet. The spa was okay. We enjoyed our massage, but it smelled really musty and the gym really reeked and it was close to where we had to go for our treatments. The carpets looked really old too.
The sushi place at the hotel was fantastic. They had great California rolls and sake. I also recommend the breakfast buffet - so yummy, especially the macademia nut pancakes with coconut syrup. Lots of fresh fruit.
We will probably go back to Maui someday, but I would like to look into other hotels in the area. It just wasn't worth the money. It was just okay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on 54 acres, The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua showcases a stunning, fully-renovated destination resort offering 463 guestrooms, including 107 residential suites, warm wood floors, travertine bathrooms, flat-screen televisions and Hawaiian-inspired artwork. The spa beckons with treatment rooms framed by private garden showers, volcanic stone grottos, heat therapies, and a fitness center with spectacular ocean views. Jean-Michel Cousteau's Ambassadors of the Environment offers all levels activities from land to sea. Also featured are six restaurants, indoor/outdoor meeting space, an inviting children's pool and luxury cabanas. It is enveloped by picturesque Kapalua Resort’s two championship golf courses, dining and a century-old pineapple plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Hotel Kapalua
- Ritz Carlton Maui
- Ritz-Carlton Lahaina
- Ritz Lahaina
- Lahaina Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Maui