After 23 trips to maui, all on the wailea side, we decided to try 2 weeks in kapalua. In reading the reviews here, we discounted the rain stories as being negative advertising for four seasons as some messages referred to.
The hotel is awesome, the views spectacular, the service was impeccable. BUT
we were suppose to stay 17 days in kapalua and we only lasted 10. I played golf every morning, early around 7, and i was rained on every single day. We experienced "showers" everyday but 1 at the pool with 4 of those days having showers that lasted over an hour. The staff commented that May and june are normally not like this, i must say that my trip confirmed the fact that it rains (alot) in kapalua.
Also a negative to the trip was we parked our car using valet service, on the 3rd night my rental car was keyed. upon getting my car and immediately noticing, the bell desk was very helpful and concerned. The ensuing security department involvement was just short of making me feel like i was a criminal. The entire conversation revolved exclusively around where this could have happened because it was not something that would occur there. Thank god for LDW.
other than that one incident if the hotel was anywhere in wailea i would go again, but the rain definitely put a damper on our first 10 days. We have stayed in wailea on all of our other trips and have only seen rain 1 time in all of those trips.
For the record, we have never stayed at the Four Seasons, we have stayed at the Wailea Marriott (former Intercontinental/Aston/Outrigger), the prince in makena, and the grand wailea (where we finished our vacation and where we will return to in november) (see review under that hotel)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on 54 acres, The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua showcases a stunning, fully-renovated destination resort offering 463 guestrooms, including 107 residential suites, warm wood floors, travertine bathrooms, flat-screen televisions and Hawaiian-inspired artwork. The spa beckons with treatment rooms framed by private garden showers, volcanic stone grottos, heat therapies, and a fitness center with spectacular ocean views. Jean-Michel Cousteau's Ambassadors of the Environment offers all levels activities from land to sea. Also featured are six restaurants, indoor/outdoor meeting space, an inviting children's pool and luxury cabanas. It is enveloped by picturesque Kapalua Resort’s two championship golf courses, dining and a century-old pineapple plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Hotel Kapalua
- Ritz Carlton Maui
- Ritz Lahaina
- Ritz-Carlton Lahaina
- Lahaina Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Maui