This is my first time at a Ritz hotel property. We had stayed in Lahaina at the Westin for the first part of our vacation and the last few days here at the Ritz. The area is kind of removed from everything, its about a 15 minute drive from Lahaina (which has everything) to this resort and golf community. We noticed right away that they made an effort for customer service. Upon pulling in there was several valets and attendants waiting to park the cars and unload our stuff. We walked in thru the entry way and it was in my mind nothing special a rather subdued lobby and entryway. Funny thing is we were waiting in line to check in and my son who is 9 says "Mom are we going to get lei'd here? All the other hotels we stayed at lei'd us, how come this hotel hasn't? I thought this was supposed to be fancy." Well it was said pretty loud and immediately someone came over and put Leis on us. We checked in and had a little problem with our reservations. We booked it thru the same site and one night was paid for and one night in their system it was showing that it was not. It did not make any sense, but it was about a half an hour or going thru emails and confirmations, the manager said she would look into it and get back to me. While I was getting angry and frustrated the lady at the desk said we were able to upgrade you to a suite and we will get this figured out. Which I thought was great and it definitely took some of my frustrations away about possibly being charged 2 times for the same night. The manager took my number and promised me a call once it was resolved. Our room they said wouldn't be ready for a bit but we could stow our bags and relax by the pool. Our room was not ready until after 3 o'clock which was about 3 hours after we got there. Thank goodness I left out our bathing suits from our suit case so we could lay out by the pool.
Once we got into our room it was quite large it had a full size dining room table, a kitchen, living room and then a completely separate bedroom / bathroom and full size walk in closet. It was very nice and comfortably decorated.
All day long it seemed they had activities and events for families, such as cookie decorating and movies. I don't know if this was because of it being Christmas week or this was the norm, but it was nice. Even at night once the sun set they had movies by the pool with someone serving drinks and popcorn. That was a lot of fun but you definitely needed to have a blanket it got quite windy.
Sitting around the pools there is a constant presence of waiters and staff looking to get you whatever you need. They even handed out sunscreen and lay out your towels if you want it. We ordered food several days by the pool and it was very good. Overall we did enjoy our stay here, our bed was super comfy and the linens were very soft. The pools were heated which was a huge plus especially since it gets windy here and the temperature is several degrees cooler with the winds.
My biggest complaint really was the lack of effort to get my charges reversed or even to let me know what the resolution was. I talked to 2 different managers and neither one got back to me, which in my mind is poor customer service and very disappointing. Other than that the room attendants came twice to make up our room and we always had fresh water and ice. We did eat in a few of the restaurants and the waiters were all great and really made an effort to make us happy. It was a nice upscale hotel, if the managers had made an effort to get back to me I would probably give this resort a 5 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on 54 acres, The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua showcases a stunning, fully-renovated destination resort offering 463 guestrooms, including 107 residential suites, warm wood floors, travertine bathrooms, flat-screen televisions and Hawaiian-inspired artwork. The spa beckons with treatment rooms framed by private garden showers, volcanic stone grottos, heat therapies, and a fitness center with spectacular ocean views. Jean-Michel Cousteau's Ambassadors of the Environment offers all levels activities from land to sea. Also featured are six restaurants, indoor/outdoor meeting space, an inviting children's pool and luxury cabanas. It is enveloped by picturesque Kapalua Resort’s two championship golf courses, dining and a century-old pineapple plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Hotel Kapalua
- Ritz Carlton Maui
- Ritz-Carlton Lahaina
- Ritz Lahaina
- Lahaina Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Maui