We recently stayed at the Ritz-Carlton in Kapalua, Maui, and our experience was nothing short of perfect. As with previous Ritz hotels we’ve stayed, we found the service impeccable. The views from this property are breathtaking.
There was a minor (very minor) mix up during our check in and the staff went above and beyond to resolve the small issue and were extremely generous with complimentary services - that we didn’t even request.
As stated in other reviews, the climate in Kapalua is quite windy making pool-side experiences somewhat tricky. However, the feeling of openness and beauty this resort provides is astoundingly beautiful. The windy climate simply adds a layer of uniqueness to your vacation. You can look out to the blue sea that seems to go on forever with the backdrop of Molokai or toward the mountains filled with Cook pine trees. It’s open and gorgeous.
Right near the resort is the Kapalua Coastal Trail offering you about a 2 mile walk along the sea that is priceless. The DT Fleming beach is private and very nice. The pathway from the resort is not far from the building structure as other reviewers stated.
The Kapalua Resort Shuttle will take you anywhere you want to go within a few miles from the Ritz (i.e., we went to the The Plantation Course, different area restaurants, etc.), and it is complimentary. There is a small store that is a two minute walk from the hotel that’s charming and handy.
We will definitely go back and stay at the Ritz-Carlton, Maui. The views are spectacular and the resort is exquisite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on 54 acres, The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua showcases a stunning, fully-renovated destination resort offering 463 guestrooms, including 107 residential suites, warm wood floors, travertine bathrooms, flat-screen televisions and Hawaiian-inspired artwork. The spa beckons with treatment rooms framed by private garden showers, volcanic stone grottos, heat therapies, and a fitness center with spectacular ocean views. Jean-Michel Cousteau's Ambassadors of the Environment offers all levels activities from land to sea. Also featured are six restaurants, indoor/outdoor meeting space, an inviting children's pool and luxury cabanas. It is enveloped by picturesque Kapalua Resort’s two championship golf courses, dining and a century-old pineapple plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Hotel Kapalua
- Ritz Carlton Maui
- Ritz Lahaina
- Ritz-Carlton Lahaina
- Lahaina Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Maui