This was the best hotel we have stayed at thus far in all of the Islands of Hawaii.
The resort was beautiful and well maintained.
The pool was great for the kids and adults. They have a nice clean playground for the kids.
The kids club was awesome with interesting activities for the kids and there were two pot belly pigs that live on the resort at the kids club.
The food at the pool was great. Drink service is slow however out by the pool, so be prepared to wait. It was much quicker to walk up to the bar if you wanted quicker service. The pool waitress was very kind... however, there was one somewhat rude waiter.
The only other complaint as far as the pool goes, is that there are no umbrellas out by the pool. If you want shade at all, you must rent a cabana. And, there are some nice but very annoying sunglass/sun shade salesmen who peruse the pool all day long trying to see everyone their Maui Jim sunglasses. We found that a bit low class of the Ritz to allow... It's one thing to offer a booth with them for sale.... that would be no problem and welcomed. However, to have salesmen walking around offering to clean your glasses and then to constantly try and bring you out new pairs of Maui Jims to try on in hopes of selling you, yeah, that's very annoying!
The hotel room was awesome. Splurge and upgrade to a suite. It was wonderful. We slept the best there than any other hotel we have every slept in!!!
We did not dine here much other than out by the pool and down at the beach restaurant. All good experiences. One recommendation to change it up a bit, walk up to the Honolulu Store for breakfast or lunch if you just want something quick and casual.
The private beach was great and very clean.
The coffee cafe was great too.
And the spa is a must! It is so beautiful. Great service and awesome practitioners!
We can't wait to visit again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on 54 acres, The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua showcases a stunning, fully-renovated destination resort offering 463 guestrooms, including 107 residential suites, warm wood floors, travertine bathrooms, flat-screen televisions and Hawaiian-inspired artwork. The spa beckons with treatment rooms framed by private garden showers, volcanic stone grottos, heat therapies, and a fitness center with spectacular ocean views. Jean-Michel Cousteau's Ambassadors of the Environment offers all levels activities from land to sea. Also featured are six restaurants, indoor/outdoor meeting space, an inviting children's pool and luxury cabanas. It is enveloped by picturesque Kapalua Resort’s two championship golf courses, dining and a century-old pineapple plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Hotel Kapalua
- Ritz Carlton Maui
- Ritz-Carlton Lahaina
- Ritz Lahaina
- Lahaina Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Maui