We absolutely loved spending part of our honeymoon in Maui, HI and staying at the Ritz Kapalua - it was lovely! The pools and grounds and rooms are all meticulously maintained and it is very luxurious. A few recommendations to note: make sure you realize this hotel is a further north than the other hotels on Maui and while the beaches at the Ritz have great waves (which my husband loved) it is very windy while you're laying by the pool and it is prone to occasional very brief showers. Another recommendation would be to make sure you get a package that includes access to the Club Level - we really enjoyed this! There are sodas, bottled water, drinks and food out all day. Enough for a quick breakfast, snacks and fun happy hour. There is an outdoor terrace to watch the golf course and have your cocktail in the early evening, we give it an A+!
I tried the spa while I was there it's pricey but very nice. We enjoyed the poolside food a lot - more interesting flatbreads and fish tacos - definitely a step above plain burgers and salads. We also tried the Banyan Tree one night for dinner (the main restaurant on the Ritz property) and we really liked the atmosphere. They served great seafood and Dukkah (dipping spices for your olive oil and bread).
Overall the Ritz is a really nice hotel. It's very large though and sometimes you feel kind of lost. We enjoyed the Club level, beach, pool and nearby snorkeling (20 minute walk). We loved our time in Maui but found ourselves driving to many dinner spots since there isn't very much in Kapalua except the Ritz. Aloha!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on 54 acres, The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua showcases a stunning, fully-renovated destination resort offering 463 guestrooms, including 107 residential suites, warm wood floors, travertine bathrooms, flat-screen televisions and Hawaiian-inspired artwork. The spa beckons with treatment rooms framed by private garden showers, volcanic stone grottos, heat therapies, and a fitness center with spectacular ocean views. Jean-Michel Cousteau's Ambassadors of the Environment offers all levels activities from land to sea. Also featured are six restaurants, indoor/outdoor meeting space, an inviting children's pool and luxury cabanas. It is enveloped by picturesque Kapalua Resort’s two championship golf courses, dining and a century-old pineapple plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Hotel Kapalua
- Ritz Carlton Maui
- Ritz Lahaina
- Ritz-Carlton Lahaina
- Lahaina Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Maui