I love nature, and being able to have privacy while still being able to enjoy staying in a nice place. What I liked about the Ritz Carlton was that it gave us just that privacy and nature.
The room was your typical Ritz Carlton room very nice and comfortable. The hotel made our room even nicer by upgrading us to a partial view of the ocean which is always an added bonus when staying somewhere by the ocean.
The pool area is large enough that you are able to find your own space without feeling like you are on top of others or swimming by the hotel restaurants. The grounds are so peaceful and connect to the Kapalua Coastal Trail. I loved walking on this trail in the mornings, and I highly recommend doing it. Both beaches by the hotel, D.T. Flemming and Oneloa Bay are pretty and provide lots of space to sit back on, but I felt when we were there that they were not the best swimming beaches. Oneloa is good for watching the sunrise and sunset also further up on the coastal trail you can find many areas to look at the sun do its thing too. I also liked that the road by the Ritz connected to the lower Honoapilani Road which in my opinion is one of the prettiest areas in West Maui. If you don’t like the beaches connected to the Ritz just drive 2 minutes down this road to Kapalua beach or Napili Beach. These beaches are so pretty with water that glows when the sun is out, just get there early before it gets too crowed. There are also so some good laid back restaurants near these beaches. If you like nature ride 5 minutes north of the hotel on upper Honoapilani Hwy your will find some beautiful places.
In truth this was the right hotel for us on this trip, but if you are looking for a lot of beach activity and sunny mornings I don’t know that I would recommend it for everybody. The resort is not one you go to and spend your whole day at. Too me it was refreshing to wake up at and come back to after a long day somewhere else on Maui.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on 54 acres, The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua showcases a stunning, fully-renovated destination resort offering 463 guestrooms, including 107 residential suites, warm wood floors, travertine bathrooms, flat-screen televisions and Hawaiian-inspired artwork. The spa beckons with treatment rooms framed by private garden showers, volcanic stone grottos, heat therapies, and a fitness center with spectacular ocean views. Jean-Michel Cousteau's Ambassadors of the Environment offers all levels activities from land to sea. Also featured are six restaurants, indoor/outdoor meeting space, an inviting children's pool and luxury cabanas. It is enveloped by picturesque Kapalua Resort’s two championship golf courses, dining and a century-old pineapple plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Hotel Kapalua
- Ritz Carlton Maui
- Ritz Lahaina
- Ritz-Carlton Lahaina
- Lahaina Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Maui