Having just returned from a year abroad, I was looking forward to celebrating a weekend away with my fiancee (now wife) at a nice hotel. After deciding to splurge a little, a close friend of mine and his wife joined us to celebrate their own anniversary. We arrived at the hotel and after a warm reception, moved to the check-in line. Noticing the empty hotel lobby, I figured it would be a speedy check it since it was obvious that it was a slow weekend. After 15 minutes of standing at the desk, we were finally seen and checked in.
Let's move onto the rooms: Although making the SAME reservations for the SAME type of room, we were split over different parts of the property. Our room was mediocre, at best, while they stayed in a suite. The room next to theirs? Vacant.
Time for checkout: Yes, it's the Ritz... but please let your guests know about the extra little charges.
Customer Survey: I filled out the customer satisfaction survey and received a response from Emma Victoria Smithson, Executive Assistant Manager, Rooms requesting a phone conversation. I responded with my number and received no calls. I followed up several times and still haven't gotten a call back.
We should have gone to the Four Seasons.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on 54 acres, The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua showcases a stunning, fully-renovated destination resort offering 463 guestrooms, including 107 residential suites, warm wood floors, travertine bathrooms, flat-screen televisions and Hawaiian-inspired artwork. The spa beckons with treatment rooms framed by private garden showers, volcanic stone grottos, heat therapies, and a fitness center with spectacular ocean views. Jean-Michel Cousteau's Ambassadors of the Environment offers all levels activities from land to sea. Also featured are six restaurants, indoor/outdoor meeting space, an inviting children's pool and luxury cabanas. It is enveloped by picturesque Kapalua Resort’s two championship golf courses, dining and a century-old pineapple plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Hotel Kapalua
- Ritz Carlton Maui
- Ritz Lahaina
- Ritz-Carlton Lahaina
- Lahaina Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Maui