“Fantastic Break - Just what we needed!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Osbaston
The Dandelion Hideaway
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Break - Just what we needed!!”
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We are a group of 4 friends meeting up for a girly weekend together. We had the most fantastic time at the Dandelion Hideaway - You just couldn't fail to fall in love with the place. We returned totally refreshed and relaxed as Sharon and John made everything perfect for us. We didn't want to leave our gorgeous little canvas cottage! x

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank wizlon83

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2011

$ mums on a weekend away from hectic lives. We where really able to relax in comfort and style. Sharon was so attentive and really made us feel welcome. The suprise homemade sponge cake that arrived whilst we where out on Sat, afternoon was a real treat, don;t know how she finds the time. On my return I rebooked immediatly as I wanted my children to experience Dandelion Hideaway and we are taking another family.
Beds where comfy, bathroom was better that ours at home and the candlelit evenings on the terrace where magical. Ruth

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Coffeemamma
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 5, 2011

This holiday was amazing!! Sharon and John, the farmhouse owners were so lovely and welcoming. On arrival, walking across the expanse of green fields with my stuff and approaching our canvass cottage, I was amazed how quiet and tranquil the place seemed. On arrival at the canvass cottage, I was amazed and so pleasantly surprized at the space and the layout of the cottage with it's comfy sofa, table and chairs for 6 around a wooden kitchen table and even the 2 rocking chairs out on the porch for you to sit and admire the stunning sunsets which kept me and my camera busy. I would advise 4 per cottage for adults is preferable which at £110/person for 3 nights is fantastic value!!

The woodburning stove was great and we took it in turns to keep the fire burning to boil the old style whistleing kettle and to cook our eggs and bacon in the mornings for breaky. Then we saw our own personal BBQ which made for a wonderful evening of food and drink in the great outdoors. The beds (proper beds), were comfortable, clean and the bathroom had a hot water shower and one of those gorgeous old style baths.

After 2 nights I felt so relaxed, re charged and just didn't want to leave! I will definately be back and would love to hire all 5 cottages and have the whole place to ourselves.

If you need a relax, re coup and to spend some time with good friends then this is def the place!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Sara C
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Wow – what a fabulous place!
Just returned from a glorious weekend away at the Dandelion Hideaway in Leicestershire.
I cannot believe we have been staying in a tent – it was more like a 5 star mini lodge (like the ones you see on those luxury safari holidays!)
The interior was so adorable – furnished in a retro/vintage style – very classy indeed. The main living area even had a leather chesterfield sofa - sooo comfortable and perfect for enjoying the stunning views of countryside.
As we explored the rest of the accommodation – the best was saved til last – the bathroom!!! I could not believe it – a Victorian type slipper bath and shower – very decadent and completely sumptuous- certainly not what I expected to find.
John (the farmer) and Sharon (his wife) were the perfect hosts showing us around this working goat farm and really making us feel welcome.
I would say that this place is perfect for couples and families alike. The tents are situated far enough away from each other so as not to infringe on your privacy. We were celebrating an anniversary and had a totally romantic time however; there were also families with children who I could see were enjoying the surroundings as much as we were – collecting fresh eggs from the hen coup and spotting badgers from the nature hide which was nestled in the woods behind the tents.
This is what you call glamorous camping – we will be recommending this to all our family and friends

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank scarlett0001
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2011

John and Sharon have gone to great lengths to ensure you have a great holiday. The canvas cottages are very homely and the attention to detail is apparent. Our daughter (4) has had the most wonderful time, milking the goats, collecting eggs from the hens for breakfast and has enjoyed the freedom of exploring. This was a very relaxing holiday for us too and I even learnt a new skill of cooking on a woodburning stove!
There is also plenty to see and do around the area. We will definitely return and 100% recommend The Dandelion Hideaway.

2 Thank MAS03
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We have 2 very young children (two and four years old) so it is very difficult to find a compromise from holidays abroad. We have rented cottages, done Centre Parcs, the usual things that people do when they don't want their children creating havoc on flights! I thought Centre Parks was OK at best (just a slightly posher holiday camp) and the renting cottage thing has ended in me driving everywhere to find something to entertain the kids.

I must admit, the word camping strikes fear into my heart. It brings back teenage memories of wet ground sheets and fusty smelling sleeping bags. So when my wife said camping I nearly ran for a nice hotel in the hills. After a browse on The Dandelion Hideaway website I changed my mind (secretly thinking it wouldn't be as good as the photographs). How wrong can a man be.

This is by far the greatest family holiday we have ever had. The tents (if you can call them that) are astonishing. They are absolutely huge; dining area, kitchen with wood burning range, worktops and belfast sink, master bedroom, double cabin bed behind doors in the lounge, further bedroom with twin beds, large bathroom with very hot shower and roll-top bath and WC and plenty of room to get dressed or dry the kids etc., Veranda with rocking chairs, I could go on...

The attention to detail is fantastic, especially for the kids. Your coffee table is a large chest that contains everything to keep the kids busy for weeks. Binoculars for the wildlife, jar for keeping bugs in, old fashioned board games and pens and craft stuff.

Apart from the fact that it is all nesstled into 250 acres of Wheat fields and the kids can run off into the meadow without any worries about their safety, there is so much for them to do on your doorstep.

On the farm you can watch the 1000 (yes one thousand) goats at milking time. You can feed the chickens or collect fresh eggs for your breakfast (my 2 year old loved that). You can go hunting bugs or look for badgers in the nature hide...the list is endless.

On your doorstep are beautiful villages with pubs and beer gardens (about 3 minutes drive), steam railways (15 mins), twycross zoo and Thomas Land (half an hour), Alton Towers, Warwick Castle, Space Centre etc.

We are going to book next year this year because I'm absolutely positive that as soon as people find out about this place it's going to be very difficult to book...what an amazing place....

2 Thank TheGorryFamily
Nottingham
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We'd stayed at Osbaston House Farm whilst it was one of the Featherdown Farms, and had always loved the experience. I realised they'd gone "independent" this year. (Having heard what a cut Featherdown take from the farmers on one of their other farms, I'm not too surprised!) I thought the set up would be pretty similar, but have to say it was even better than our high expectations.

The tents now have hot water, our's had a lovely roll top bath and shower in the bathroom. The wood burning stove has an oven, so you're not restricted to stove top cooking. It even had a thermometer so we could cook part-baked bread, warm croissants etc., etc., at the right temperature. Instead of bunk beds there is a twin room, which suited my mother-in-law much better. The cupboard bed is still there (loved by our 7 year old niece), but is a proper double now. There is a leather sofa to lounge on - rather than the former deck chairs. Outside the tent there is a balcony, with comfortable garden chairs. And our's had a fence around it, making it much safer for tots.

However the biggest change with the tents is the decor - I guess you'd call it "vintage chic" - with curtains, quilted bed spreads, beautiful cushions, a dresser filled with charming crockery. These really are the "canvas cottages" that the Dandelion Hideaway website describes. My husband returned from a trip to the car park with the news that another bloke had said "this is better than our house". Maybe an exaggeration (you'd miss a washing machine eventually!) but I can see why it was said - such a beautiful environment in which to unwind.

Several farm activities were included - a tour, goat milking, a talk about chicken-keeping, and pony grooming. All were excellent, and on our weekend the pony grooming was moved so some of those who had to leave on the Sunday still got to do it. The downside was that during the weekend we didn't want to leave the farm until midday on Sunday, so although we got to Twycross Zoo we missed the other attractions in the area. A week's stay would be entirely feasible given the new facilities in the tents...

A final tip: Pack a bottle of wine, or three. The shops at Market Bosworth are only a short drive away, but once you are in your tent you won't want to leave!

2 Thank DoWhatYouLove
Also consider these accommodations in or near Osbaston
Holiday Inn Express Nuneaton
#1 of 1 in North Kilworth
The Dixie Arms Hotel
The Dixie Arms Hotel
#1 of 2 in Market Bosworth

Been to The Dandelion Hideaway? Share your experiences!