“Poor Costumer Service”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Upper Hutt
Harcourts Holiday Park
Queenstown, New Zealand
“Poor Costumer Service”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I wanted to share my unfortunate experience. My boyfriend and I were driving into Wellington, about an hour away and I called to see if they had any cabins available. I spoke with a women, at 5: 20pm, who said yes they had space and that she would hold the cabin for us until 6: 30pm. I said great, but then I asked if she could hold it till 7pm just in case we ran into traffic...She said, well if you have a credit card I can hold it all night for you. ..So, I gave her my credit card#. About 45 minutes later around 6: 10pm, we decided to stop earlier because we were tired and called to cancel. She told me she was going to charge my credit card a cancellation fee. I tried to dispute by saying that it hadn't even been an hour, well before.6: 30pm,.the original time she said she could hold it for, and that she never advised there would be a cancellation fee. She then told me to "Shut Up!" and that I was putting words into her mouth, told me that I was being unreasonable, and said "whatever you're being charged!" then hung up the phone on me. I had no opportunity to attempt to reason with her. I tried putting a hold on my credit card but she had already put the charge through. I tried calling her back about an hour later to advise her that I would be filing a complaint with consumer affairs and she said "Whatever" and hung up on me again. I was in shock at her immature way of dealing with a customer by just hanging up the phone. We never stayed at their park so I honestly can't speak about the facility but the customer service was poor enough for me to write a negative review.

Stayed November 2013
11 Thank Reviewallthethings

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed here in September 2013. We stayed in a motel unit just for one night. It was pleasant and clean. The only issue was the bathroom in our unit for some reason the floor got really wet after a shower which was strange. For one night it's a good stay. It was a thunderstorm when we stayed but the owner was very nice and let us in our room early. Alot of people have not been impressed with the owner but he was fine to us. If you want somewhere cheap and simple this is a good place to stay. I don't know what the communal rooms were like but the motel unit did us good for the night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank SJLJ001
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

This was a very gloomy place. Staff unfriendly, and dirty scruffy reception, so not a good first impression.
We were here for one night only in our camper van, one night too long. The washing machine managed to chew up some of my underwear which was then fit for the dustbin only ! Facilities very tired and not very clean, declined having a shower. The only good part of being here was the park adjacent which was lovely with many rare trees.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Fogeybus N

Travelers are raving about these Upper Hutt hotels

Gawler, Australia
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This park is small and basic, please don't be expecting the facilities of your Top 10 parks. The site is green with trees and there are some nice walks with Lord of the Rings sites nearby. The manager was very helpful with finding a suitable powered site for our large motorhome and also with recommending a local pub where we could watch the AFL grand final that day.
The bathrooms were clean, the camp kitchen basic compared to other parks, but it suited our needs and budget for a night before driving to the ferry in Wellington. A good place to stay for a night or two.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sam D
Rome, Italy
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed at this campsite just for one night in a tent.
Showers and toilets were basic , but clean.
The kitchen so so..and not very big.
There are too many stonesin the ground and can be a problem when put a tent.
we were woken up very early because of the strong nose of from the clser farm.
The price is normal .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank KawasakiBiker
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Do not stay at this camp if you want a nice family holiday . We stayed two days , during that time the showers were cold . The rubbish bins full to overflowing . Theres only a micowave and a electric hob [ half working ] in the kicthen . There was horse and cow poo over the field where we had to put our tent . The camp manager said two nasty sexual jokes to my wife and made her feel very uncomfertable about staying . If we dident have a need to stay we would have left the first day . Grotty would be a good discription of the whole camp . No pool , no gym , no playground for the kids , no tv room and a homemade BBQ that hasent been cleaned since WW2 . Do not stay here .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank ian t
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Drove from Auckland and arrived at 9.30. Manager complained at being woken...quoted us $130 for the night for a family cabin then when we went to pay changed it to $150. She said this was because we woke her up. No tea or coffee in the cabin, no milk provided and the closest shop in Wellington. Cabin was dirty and smelly. Have stayed before but this time was a shocker. Next time will drive on and stay elsewhere

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
#2 of 2 in Upper Hutt
Hawk's Inn Motel
Hawk's Inn Motel
#6 of 6 in Upper Hutt

Been to Harcourts Holiday Park? Share your experiences!