Tripadvisor

Boneface Brewing Co. Restaurant
Reserve a Table
Ranked #7 of 65 Restaurants in Upper Hutt
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We came here for lunch, food was good but was ruined by the staff who seemed to have a problem with paying customers. Also my food came out about 20mins after my partners did. They'd forgotten to cook it - that was ok for me because it was packed. What was not ok was the waitress's rude tone and ugly look she gave me when I told her how long I'd been waiting. TBH never going back. Can't stand people with poor work ethic.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (74)

Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

Never going back. Young staff were rude and very unhelpful. Manager didn't care when we told him. Plenty of other places to spend our money. They won't see anymore of my money. If I were the owner I would take a long hard look at the bar staff and manager if he/she wants to stay in business. Very disappointed with the rudeness and disrespect given to our group. My advice is spend your hard earned money elsewhere.

Reviewed January 17, 2020 via mobile

Here drinking with friends, take or leave the beer but had the brisket, it’s worth visiting for that alone absolutely excellent food.

Reviewed January 17, 2020

Took my family (5 adults and 1 child) to dinner at Boneface. Had booked a low level table on line. Table was ready for us when we arrived. First time here and was impressed. Well laid out and friendly staff. Food was delicious and very good value for money. The only thing I wish they had was a children's menu. My grandson, yes, he is fussy, tried the ribs but found them too spicy. We suggested other things to him but no, he was interested. To be able to just order a bowl of straight forward fries or mac and cheese etc, would have been great. There were other tables with young children, so just a suggestion (not a criticism). Apart from that, loved the vibe of the place. Will certainly be going back.

Reviewed January 7, 2020

We've been here a good number of times for a quiet ber, and great food. Visitors, both local and international have been very impressed by both the beer and food quality and the great, laid back atmosphere

Date of visit: December 2019