“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We visited for lunch with family and were disappointed. It was extremely quiet - and if our experience was anything to go by, we can see why. Although the service was ok, the food was very average, one order was nice, one ok and two of us didn't even get what had ordered. What we had was tasteless without adding sauces and not hot either. We asked for water and were brought a bottle which was room temperature! There was a good variety of salads though, and the view out to Kapiti Island was lovely.

1  Thank TrannyGranny

Reviewed October 17, 2012

The fishermans table is a nice middle of the road restaurant. It is not for your high class eater. However it is good food at a good price. The all you can eat salad bar is a bonus as well.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is a lovely place to eat with wonderful views.
Great for family dining too as there is a good kids menu which isn't just the 'burger and chips' type stuff.
Well priced and includes unlimited salad with the main.
Staff are very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

When I was a child I really enjoyed going to the fishermans table. never by choice I would go again.. Waitress is extremely rude and so old to be a waitress! I went a few months ago and ordered the pork loin. It was a soggy deep fried chop. Discusting! note you are paying restaurant prices for this food! thought I would never have to come back. But we had an awards dinner in wellington and my partners boss wanted to have dinner there. When we walked in the musty smelling joke of a restaurant we were again struck with this crabby old woman! steak was average and pepper butter was awful!! and I love pepper! It was like powered brown pepper just stirred through butter. could not wait to get out!

3  Thank Eva N
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Beauty food as always. I took a couple of clients there for tea and thougherly enjoyed the beaut food and the lovely views of Kapiti Island. Great location and staff. Thanks once again. I'll be back.