“Closed until Nov 2018 (an employee told me)”
Review of El Quenepo

El Quenepo
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Esperanza
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Fine dining located on the waterfront in Esperanza. Innovative cuisine with lots of flavors. Featured items include fresh local seafood, specialty cocktails, and local greens. Vegan and vegetarian items also available.
Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

I live in Vieques and it needs more restaurants. Hurricane María damaged many, such as this one. The times I was there in 2017 and 2016 the food was really good. Fortunately there are several really good restaurants that have been able to re-open such as Bili an amazing restaurant right besides El Quenepo that are open, such as: Duffy’s, Bananas and Guayacan (all at El Malecon in Esperanza). These restaurants being in front of the ocean, allows you to have a full on experience of the island life and fresh food!!! Enjoy! Upekkhapr Sylvia Fernandez on Facebook for more details of the island!

Date of visit: April 2018
2  Thank Upekkhapr

Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

We stumbled on El Quenepo our first night in Vieques not realizing it was rated one of the best restaurants in PR. It deserves the reputation! We were greeted with warmth and humor from the hostess and good service continued throughout our meal. I had brought my 16 yr old daughter and her friend to PR. I had the best grouper filet ever, tender and complemented by a delicate broth, shiitake mushrooms, and crab dumplings. My daughter's ahi poke was excellent - as good as mine, only different! And their lobster so fresh! I even tried the pork belly appetizer with quinoa and green apple. Excellent! A glass of an excellent albarino was the last ingredient in a fabulous meal!

Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

We order grouper fillets with crab dumplings and some pasta with Alfredo's sauce. The Pasta was OK. The grouper was good, presentation and taste. The hostess was the most friendly employee of the restaurant. My only problem with the place are the prices. Is too expensive for a place without air conditioning and a general "OK" experience.

Reviewed August 16, 2017

Great white tablecloth fine dining experience. Food was excellent and the service was excellent. Had some real interesting cocktails and the capirinha was awesome.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

Our first visit to Vieques and to this restaurant and we really like the food : many good alternatives , great presentation and nice service. The restaurant do not have air conditioner, but anyway we will definitely return to this restaurant when return to Vieques!